RST - we can't go on like this

While entirely understandable, I don't think those who did resign made their best contribution by remaining silent on the underlying issues. By behaving impeccably, they have in fact allowed the Trust to remain compromised and two further years to be wasted. Let's hope that the coming weeks don't give even more reasons for regret.

Yes that was my point Craig,thanks. As i said i shouldn't really get involved in these arguments as i don't know enough about them.

If, in the end, everything always comes back to this old resignations issue then there's probably nothing left to discuss.

I looked again at my post and I can't see why anything I wrote about the Trust would worry you. :confused:

If, in the end, everything always comes back to this old resignations issue then there's probably nothing left to discuss.

I looked again at my post and I can't see why anything I wrote about the Trust would worry you. :confused:

The issue of "the resignations" is unavoidable I'm afraid, crystallising as it does so many of the problems that continue to dog the Trust's standing among a large part of the Rangers fanbase. That it happened at all was bad enough. That it left the Trust compromised was hugely disappointing. But worst of all is the way in which rehabilitation of that organisation is made impossible by the constant side-stepping of this and other issues.

It's unhelpful to decry this as "this old resignations issue". This sort of language simply ensures the situation remains as polarised as ever.

The issue of "the resignations" is unavoidable I'm afraid, crystallising as it does so many of the problems that continue to dog the Trust's standing among a large part of the Rangers fanbase. That it happened at all was bad enough. That it left the Trust compromised was hugely disappointing. But worst of all is the way in which rehabilitation of that organisation is made impossible by the constant side-stepping of this and other issues.

It's unhelpful to decry this as "this old resignations issue". This sort of language simply ensures the situation remains as polarised as ever.

OK, so let's say I accept all of that for a moment. As I wasn't there at the time and have heard numerous conflicting stories from all and neutral angles, how do you think I should address it with a view to de-polarising it?

OK, so let's say I accept all of that for a moment. As I wasn't there at the time and have heard numerous conflicting stories from all and neutral angles, how do you think I should address it with a view to de-polarising it?

There's something faintly ridiculous about that question .... but not surprising since it encapsulates the essence of what the RST has always misunderstood.

UCB, you chose to accept an invitation to be co-opted on to the board of the RST. Presumably no one forced this upon you. In my world it would be reasonable to think you took this conscious decision with a purpose in mind and since you first appeared over our horizon, some of us have encouraged you to reveal what you believed that purpose to be. So far you've offered observations on collective responsibility, semantics about aims and objectives, and you have continually sought opinion from others as to what you should do.

Here's my take on it. If you didn't know what you meant to achieve when you joined the RST and if you still don't know how you will address the issues arising since your elevation then I would start questioning why you're there at all. I don't mean this to be antagonistic but it's hard to draw many other conclusions. You're obviously well respected on this website and many established members afford you a great deal more leeway than is generally the case. I believe they do this because they wish to maintain influence and access to an RST that is otherwise closed to them. In return it might be useful if you were to tell us/them what you intend to do, rather than simply asking for advice.

I'd just like to add that there is no need to be in the dark about the resignations issue just because it didn't happen yesterday. Frankie was intimately involved - you know that - why not get in touch, talk privately, I'm sure he has all the information you could possibly need.

Edited by maineflyer

Frankie was intimately involved - you know that - why not get in touch, talk privately, I'm sure he has all the information you could possibly need.

As UCB said, I'm sure he has heard most of the stories from varying sides so he's perfectly capable of making up his own mind what happened.

I'm sure his media spokesperson's behaviour this morning will frustrate him as much as everyone else.

As UCB said, I'm sure he has heard most of the stories from varying sides so he's perfectly capable of making up his own mind what happened.

I'm sure his media spokesperson's behaviour this morning will frustrate him as much as everyone else.

OK, OK, it was tongue in cheek. Nevertheless, since UCB is obviously keen on acquiring further understanding, I'm sure those such as yourself wouldn't stand in the way of his quest.:)