How is speaking out against specific journalists wrong? They say what the feck they want about us and the club does nothing so somebody should say something.

He'll speak for himself but i think it's about the attacks being personal rather than relating to the journalist's attacks on Rangers. I think the fans' organisation should have done more to take on specific journalists but any real criticism in this respect should be reserved for the Rangers board of directors, spineless gits.

He'll speak for himself but i think it's about the attacks being personal rather than relating to the journalist's attacks on Rangers. I think the fans' organisation should have done more to take on specific journalists but any real criticism in this respect should be reserved for the Rangers board of directors, spineless gits.

Yep, correct.

I have absolutely no problem in people speaking out against journalists. However, I would rather it was in a dignified, professional manner. I am sure I am not the only one who thought that the statement made by RST was neither dignified nor professional.

Tell me what added value there was in Stephen Smith (who the statement was attributed to) suggesting of Chick Young "Perhaps this is what happens when you fawn over rich men and demonstrate all the independent thought of a supermarket trolley"

I won't apologise for wanting and expecting representatives of me to refrain from petty, childish name-calling such as the above.

As an organisation who represent others the RST (and others) have a fiduciary responsibility to act in the best interests of those they represent - but in doing so they also have a responsibility to ensure they do it with the integrity, dignity and professionalism our forefathers had.

The above statement is anything but.

Petty name calling or not, I'm glad he did it. Doesn't happen often enough as far as I'm concerned.

The same end means can be achieved by a far more dignified statement. Do you honestly think that if the Trust (or any other body) make continual use of petty name-calling that it will improve or enhance their reputation ? I don't.

I'm sure that the argument would be that different occasions require different approaches. Sometimes a dignified response gives the journalist too much respect that they don't deserve.

I'm no PR man so can't comment about the differences, but I'm sure that would be the argument.

I'm sure that the argument would be that different occasions require different approaches. Sometimes a dignified response gives the journalist too much respect that they don't deserve.

I'm no PR man so can't comment about the differences, but I'm sure that would be the argument.

Fair enough point. I personally would prefer our representatives to rise above it though.

The same end means can be achieved by a far more dignified statement. Do you honestly think that if the Trust (or any other body) make continual use of petty name-calling that it will improve or enhance their reputation ? I don't.

I couldn't give a monkeys what kind of language they use. It should have been said a LONG, LONG time ago.

I only hope Speirs, and the mhanks at Radio Clyde get the same soon.

I couldn't give a monkeys what kind of language they use. It should have been said a LONG, LONG time ago.

I only hope Speirs, and the mhanks at Radio Clyde get the same soon.

So you think it made any difference to Chick Young and his reporting style ? I doubt it.

Think it made the RST look petty and unprofessional ? IMO yes.

But then.... opinions are like arseholes ;)

So you think it made any difference to Chick Young and his reporting style ? I doubt it.

Think it made the RST look petty and unprofessional ? IMO yes.

But then.... opinions are like arseholes ;)

Craig. Be honest here. It doesn't matter HOW he worded it. You would still have had a go at him.

You've an axe to grind with the RST that's obvious. But, again being honest, who's appearing petty ?

Sorry. I'm only back on here a few days after a long absence but it gets very tiring reading folk girning on and on about some perceived mistake the RST or their reps have made. There are far more important things for Rangers fans to be worrying about right now. If they drop a complete bollock take them to task but this one has the distinct whiff of 'petty' about it.