For example, we agreed

to discontinue all reimbursements to Murray Group for management services.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

It was THE comment that I picked up on. I was unsure whether I heard it correctly at the time so didn't feel confident enough to ask about it.

The �£1.14m charged by the Murray group was "principally in relation to call centre, advertising and information technology services from them." I wonder how little the management services charge would be for the auditors not to insist on its inclusion in the description? I'd imagine it would need to be under �£200K.

Could be Muir's fees of course....... it would makes sense for MIH to originally have wanted to allocate part of these to RFC

That's possible, although the word "discontinue" suggests it's been going on for a while. However it could have been that we were also being charged for Donald Wilson's services previously, which was accepted but now they will not accept charges for Muir and McGill.

Is it not more likely that there has been a management service charge applied to inter-company services.

Rangers are charged a fee for say, advertising, plus a management fee on top for Murray's trouble. Quite common as a means for transferring money from one company to another within a group.

Is it not more likely that there has been a management service charge applied to inter-company services.

Rangers are charged a fee for say, advertising, plus a management fee on top for Murray's trouble. Quite common as a means for transferring money from one company to another within a group.

That's also possible. However if the fee was at arms' length then you wouldn't think that Rangers could refuse to pay it. There's nothing wrong with a Murray company charging Rangers a commercial rate for their services.

The rate could have been worded as including something for Murray's time, which he is now not giving, and therefore is now not being paid.

And this would have to be on top of the commercial rate for services, which nobody really has a problem with as long as it is exactly that.

The rate could have been worded as including something for Murray's time, which he is now not giving, and therefore is now not being paid.

And this would have to be on top of the commercial rate for services, which nobody really has a problem with as long as it is exactly that.

It's again possible, but I'm still of the opinion that MIH would not charge us for Murray's time. Everyone elses? Why not, but Murray enjoys the "I don't take anything out" too much to try and be sneaky and do it by the back door.

Thanks to TB for posting all those speeches. There is certainly some encouraging moments in them; particularly Martin Bain and his staunch defence of the supporters, and put down to those who deserve it.

Overall, though, it's a depressing picture. I understand that 'football is a business' and the board have to be realistic, can't afford to be idealistic, as per Mr Johnston, but oh dear...what else is football but a dream? If you take the idealism out of it, there's not a lot left, for me at any rate. It's this clash between the unrepentant business ethos of the board and the reason I follow Rangers that puts me off the 'official' side of things.

One is left in a muddle, not knowing whether to slate these business types who appear not to have noticed the all too apparent failings of their system, but are ready to decry an alternative, or just pretending they aren't there and concentrating on the actual football.

Plan B, I think.