CLUB announces result on poll over new director

More...

AT today's AGM a resolution to re-elect Director Donald Muir was opposed by a majority of shareholders attending the meeting, as such the resolution was then subjected to a poll of shareholders including those voting by proxy.

The result of the poll was that the resolution was carried.

The following statement has been issued to the PLUS market.

The Rangers Football Club plc

AGM RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT

The Rangers Football Club plc held its Annual General Meeting today at Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow.

All but one of the resolutions put to the meeting was passed either unanimously or by an overwhelming majority. One resolution, relating to the appointment of Donald Muir as a director in accordance with the Articles of Association of the Club, was put to a poll of the shareholders and was passed as a result of this poll by an overwhelming majority.

The Directors of The Rangers Football Club plc accept responsibility for this announcement.

Edited by Bluedell

If it had been handled better then the shambles that followed would have been avoided , I have no truck with John McLelland but his handling and the advice he was geting was bordering on farce at times and could have led to really ugly scenes as tempers were getting very frayed

AT today's AGM a resolution to re-elect Director Donald Muir was opposed by a majority of shareholders attending the meeting

sounds quite different to

All but one of the resolutions put to the meeting was passed either unanimously or by an overwhelming majority. One resolution' date=' relating to the appointment of Donald Muir as a director in accordance with the Articles of Association of the Club, was put to a poll of the shareholders and was passed as a result of this poll by an overwhelming majority.

The Directors of The Rangers Football Club plc accept responsibility for this announcement.[/quote']

:devil:

If it had been handled better then the shambles that followed would have been avoided , I have no truck with John McLelland but his handling and the advice he was geting was bordering on farce at times and could have led to really ugly scenes as tempers were getting very frayed

Did they ever explain the method of counting the vots of the poll? Did they say if it was based on the nuber of shares or number of shareholders? I don't recall them explaining it.

Did they ever explain the method of counting the vots of the poll? Did they say if it was based on the nuber of shares or number of shareholders? I don't recall them explaining it.

The guy from computershare did mention quite a few times that proxy votes did count and then McLelland clicked and stated that even if the majority opposed the re-election the proxy vote ie Murray's would carry the day , he seemed to miss the point of opposing the motion and was way out of his depth , to be honest as they had met yesterday it was the one obvious thing they should have expected and planned for

The guy from computershare did mention quite a few times that proxy votes did count and then McLelland clicked and stated that even if the majority opposed the re-election the proxy vote ie Murray's would carry the day , he seemed to miss the point of opposing the motion and was way out of his depth , to be honest as they had met yesterday it was the one obvious thing they should have expected and planned for

It was a total shambles tbh :(

You're right though, he did mention that the majority shareholding had proxied in favour of Muir. Not explaining to people in plain English what's happening is poor though, when it was clear that a lot of people didn't understand.

Anyway, it's only a minor point at the end of the day, I don't think it was intentional - why would people deliberately choose to look so inept in front of a couple of thousand people?

To be honest I still cannot believe we still get guys asking about the bloody albion car park and murray park , where do these people come from , I am not trying to come across all smart arsed but for god's sake , also the comment AJ made about Ibrox being not for sale naming wise , very clever and pandered to the crowd for I can never remember in the last few months this ever getting seriously or even stupidly proposed anywhere

The Albion was widely believed to have been sold and leased-back IIRC, was it not?

I thought the Ibrox naming rights was a bit left-field so, yeah that seemed to put it to bed and be a crowd-pleaser. Having said that, no harm done and making a committment like that can't be criticised even if it wasn't necessarily a hot topic. Strange thing is, I reckon if we got a super-duper deal, most people would accept it and still call it Ibrox. Maybe they just realise it's not going to happen so no harm in saying it.

The Albion was widely believed to have been sold and leased-back IIRC, was it not?

I thought the Ibrox naming rights was a bit left-field so, yeah that seemed to put it to bed and be a crowd-pleaser. Having said that, no harm done and making a committment like that can't be criticised even if it wasn't necessarily a hot topic. Strange thing is, I reckon if we got a super-duper deal, most people would accept it and still call it Ibrox. Maybe they just realise it's not going to happen so no harm in saying it.

Maybe they were whoring Ibrox :whistle: