Soccer boss in sectarian sing-song

The problem I have is that having an axe to grind against the Catholic church should not be seen as part and parcel of supporting a football club. They are separate issues and I wish some would treat them as such. People can I suppose, say what they like whenever, but there are clearly inappropriate times to say inappropriate things that can be inflammatory and give a larger group of people like Rangers fans a pretty bad name.

When that happens, of course it is embarrassing and cringe-worthy. It's like having a badly behaved mate with a big mouth that causes you embarrassment where ever you go.

Just because something can be a legitimate opinion does not mean you can shout it out at any time and be respected for it.

You might legitimately think your mate's fianc�© is a fat slag but doesn't mean you should be shouting it out during their wedding - and especially doing it as some kind of representative of your group of friends...

If these guys want to shout obscenities about the main religious leader of a foreign country as one of their visitors then the least they can do is to do it while travelling as a legitimate anti-catholic group rather than using Rangers for that purpose and tarnishing our name in the process.

Whatever f*** the pope means and whatever it's legitimacy, it should have nothing to do with our football club.

Yes, bringing up religious intolerance in a topic about religious intolerance is an awfully strange thing to do...

Was it about religious intolerance? I don't think it was. But feel free to start another topic about religious intolerance if that's what you're into.

Honest, it's true.

"A TORY hopeful for the Speaker's post led the singing of sectarian songs at a Rangers supporters' club, it was claimed last night.

A political blogger posted a picture of MP John Bercow, who was favourite to succeed Michael Martin, with flags appearing to bear Ulster Defence Association symbols behind him.

Witnesses say it dates back to a meeting of the ultra-right Federation of Conservative Students at the unidentified Rangers club in the late 1980s.

And they claim Bercow led the crowd in singing The Sash, as well as songs about IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands.

One said last night: "He seemed to know all the words and was singing heartily."

===========================

It is good to know the Speaker of the "Mother of Parliaments" is a bear.

Was it about religious intolerance? I don't think it was. But feel free to start another topic about religious intolerance if that's what you're into.

Yes it is, do you want me to break it down for you or are you capable of working it out yourself? Be a clever boy now. You can do it :whistle:

Yes it is, do you want me to break it down for you or are you capable of working it out yourself? Be a clever boy now. You can do it :whistle:

You're obviously far too clever for me, otherwise you wouldn't keep trying to make the point. Why don't you waste your time and vast intelligence breaking down whatever you think would benefit from it.;)

I couldn't give a fuck what Dick Campbell sings or says.

Same here, but it's not nice to see yet another one of these bullshit 'sectarian' stories in the public mass mhedia. The only upside is that these supposed journalists are showing themselves up as having a campaign by printing the garbage they do on these subjects.

I don't think it's a non-story at all. I think it's the latest in an incessant line of anti-Rangers propaganda coming out of News International newspapers in this country. It's a one-sided campaign to smear Rangers and anyone connected to it. Do you really think they couldn't come up with balancing items about the other side, of course they could but they don't and won't. This isn't about Dick Campbell or the songs he sung. It's about establishing us as a pariah community. I'd like to think some of us still cared about that.