Laying the foundations for success

Admittedly our defensive record in Europe was embarrassing, but i've heard today we've conceded just 9 goals in 15 games this season. Typically defence minded outlook from Smith, but his teams were always built from the back first. It's how he fixed PLG's team.

Keep the back door bolted shut like that and it will be difficult for anyone to prevent us retaining the title.

Match that defensive strength with the attacking prowess of last night (I missed that game :() and it would be a nailed on certainty. Obviously there's a long way to go, don't count your chickens etc etc. But thats pretty ominous for our challengers.

I've also read no team in Scotland has breached our defence twice in one game this season. Is that correct. :eek:

Same old Wattie, awesome at home but struggles on the continent?

We've also scored a measly 10 goals in away games all season so don't count your chickens. And we've been anything but 'awesome at home' this season. We have failed to win a third of all our games in the league and normally that would have us lagging behind Celtic.

We've also scored a measly 10 goals in away games all season so don't count your chickens. And we've been anything but 'awesome at home' this season. We have failed to win a third of all our games in the league and normally that would have us lagging behind Celtic.

I was looking at this earlier actually. We're 2 points worse off than we were at this point (15 games) compared to last year. Celtic had 40 points at this point iirc. Hibs who are in 3rd had 3 more points than the 3rd placed team (Hearts I think) at the same point last year.

So the OF are a little worse off (well Celtic quite a bit worse off) whereas the also-rans have improved a little. Kind of what we'd all suspected.

Hope this takes you to the right table:

Last year:

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/tables/0,,5~20081122,00.html

This year:

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/tables/0,,5,00.html