Why do some players appear to improve away from Ibrox

Training techniques I think.

Our current neanderthals are stuck for new ideas. I also think that players at Rangers are given certain instructions to comply with during a match that doesn't suit their own game.

I agree with gazza. I read Charlie saying he trains much more than he used to at Rangers. He is much fitter and enjoying it more. Says most of the team train in their own time as well which hardly happened at all with us.

Burke also looks really fit and playing well.

Carlos was great with us and has just improved playing in a better league IMO..........

Doesn't have to be an error of judgement...

I think everyone knew fringe players like Burke and Adam had their positives but unfortunately they just couldn't find a consistent quality at Rangers.

By moving to smaller teams like Blackpool and Cardiff, there is less expectation, less pressure and less competition for places. Add in different training and tactical strategies then of coruse players can improve elsewhere just as they may get worse.

As for Cuellar being an error of judgement, well we simply couldn't afford to keep him (if he even wanted to stay that is).

I see Frankie, management at Ibrox has nothing to do with it, it is just circumstances. Your dismissal of the English championship smaller teams that Burke and Adams play for wont wash, it is a far higher standard than our piss poor fare.

Unfortunately your last sentence may encompass the present situation, for Cuellar read Boyd.

Very few players go on to much better things after Rangers. They may do well for a smaller club but that's usually because they have dropped down closer to their natural level. It's also far easier to get a run of games for a lower team with less competition when you're not playing that well. At Rangers it's a lot less forgiving - and the fans are a lot less forgiving than the manager.

I don't know what the issue is with Cuellar, our scouts spotted a peach of a bargain and with the way finances are these days, he naturally moved on for a huge profit which bought us a few players, including Bougherra. I can't see how training methods are even remotely relevant here. He was our outstanding player of the year, in what way can we say that we didn't get enough out of him?

Next Cuellar will be getting his braces off and people will be saying how players become better looking after Rangers... and for some reason that makes the management shite.

Wabash:

Erm, I didn't say that at all so I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth.

1. I did say 'different training and tactical strategies' can improve players so by obvious extension that means management. Not sure how you missed that.

2. Blackpool and Cardiff are smaller teams than Rangers even if the Championship is arguably of a higher standard. Neither of those two teams would win the SPL.

I see Frankie, management at Ibrox has nothing to do with it, it is just circumstances. Your dismissal of the English championship smaller teams that Burke and Adams play for wont wash, it is a far higher standard than our piss poor fare.

Unfortunately your last sentence may encompass the present situation, for Cuellar read Boyd.

Can you explain all the players who have don't little after Rangers, or is that because the management "ruined" players with great potential? It's brilliant when you can have an argument that works both ways to suit your agenda, eh?