Why do some players appear to improve away from Ibrox

Really don't get this. Is it me or was Cuellar a fantastic player for us? Real Madrid may not have come calling but we are in the Scottish league and sold him to an upper EPL side for 8M quid.

So the fact he's proven himself over a longer period and held his own in what's considered the best league in the world can't have anything to do with people taking notice of him?

But hey, I never even knew he'd signed for R.Madrid... :whistle:

Exactly. Just because he's playing well in the EPL and getting noticed doesn't mean that he's playing better.

There's a big difference between playing well and playing better.

Yes I did ask the question in the thread title, I think the first two replies were the only ones that answered it, rather than deflect the question. You know Frankie people are allowed to have different views even if you don't agree with them, I happen to think Rangers suffer from piss poor management on and off the field, the buck stops with Smith, now if you disagree fine, we will agree to disagree, but do you really feel the need to patronise my debating stance.

Really don't get this. Is it me or was Cuellar a fantastic player for us? Real Madrid may not have come calling but we are in the Scottish league and sold him to an upper EPL side for 8M quid.

So the fact he's proven himself over a longer period and held his own in what's considered the best league in the world can't have anything to do with people taking notice of him?

But hey, I never even knew he'd signed for R.Madrid... :whistle:

I think you may find that Liga de F�ºtbol Profesional is considered superior to the usually very predictable EPL.

Yes I did ask the question in the thread title, I think the first two replies were the only ones that answered it, rather than deflect the question. You know Frankie people are allowed to have different views even if you don't agree with them, I happen to think Rangers suffer from piss poor management on and off the field, the buck stops with Smith, now if you disagree fine, we will agree to disagree, but do you really feel the need to patronise my debating stance.

I'm not patronising anyone and I completely welcome opposing views. That's why we have the forum and that's why it's good fun to debate.

You're far from the only one who has valid questions about the management of the club and I share many of your doubts. Your suggestion only two people answered the question you asked is wrong and the way you subsequently went on to challenge the valid points made against your rather empirical conclusion was wrong.

Just my view.

How about reversing the question? Why do some players appear to improve at Ibrox?

Bougherra has turned from a promising CB into, supposedly, a sought after defender looking for a big move. Kris Boyd went from a decent SPL striker and has turned into a major asset. Allan McGregor went from a normal goalie understudy to the best in the country. Miller went from underwhelming Celtic, Derby and Wolves striker into the form of his life at Ibrox.

Or flipping the question on its head...why do some players appear to fail away from Ibrox? Lovenkrands gets stick for not doing that much since Ibrox, ditto Buffel, Claudio Reyna found the only way was down after us, Kyrgiakos did ok at Frankfurt but finds himself as squad numbers at Liverpool, Boumsong had a mare at Newcastle then Juventus.

I think the word circumstances sums it all up really. Some succeed here, some fail, some succeed away, some fail away. I don't know if there's any real blame for either scenario.

Aston Villa defender Carlos Cuellar's superb displays have alerted Real Madrid and Charlie Adams is a reputed �£2 million Wolves target, Burke is playing well at Cardiff, any ideas why we seem or rather the management seem to make these errors of judgement.

Cuellar was superb for us but wanted to leave and is having a decent season at Villa. Your point?

Adam and Burke were murder more times than I care to mention. Wolves wanting to buy a player for �£2m and Burke playing well in the championship really doesn't account for much...