The only show in town - have we found it yet?

The only rumours are ones relating to non existent bids, banks running the club, MIH being up shit creek without a paddle and Donald Muir being an agent of the bank. Murray has played a blinder.........again, much as I do not like the man, I do admire his style and business accumen, whither that be of the barrow boy variety or otherwise.

Yes, we seem to have had this discussion elsewhere already but you're undoubtedly correct. Murray has pulled everyone's strings throughout, which must be particularly galling for our RST friends who tried manfully to persuade us all to the contrary but who must by now be regretting some of their recent bravado.

While not exactly jumping up and down yelling 'I told you so', I think we're passing the stage where sympathetic parties could claim this was a constructive silence. Only the inevitable conclusions remain but you would still hope the RST could be bothered to make some attempt to communicate - not only with their own membership but also with those others amongst us who they were so willing to talk on behalf of, albeit without invitation.

To be honest I dont know what I am more disgusted about , Murray still clinging on or the support getting their hopes raised on a load of rubbish and being badly let down , as Stevie Smith stated if this goes pear shape it will be the end of the trust as any type of credible entity , which would be a crying shame IMHO even though they are being poorly led at the moment .

Also the glee with which some amogst us still have for Murray still being around really disgusts me as I really detest the man

To be honest I dont know what I am more disgusted about , Murray still clinging on or the support getting their hopes raised on a load of rubbish and being badly let down , as Stevie Smith stated if this goes pear shape it will be the end of the trust as any type of credible entity , which would be a crying shame IMHO even though they are being poorly led at the moment .

Also the glee with which some amogst us still have for Murray still being around really disgusts me as I really detest the man

Glee about Murray still being around? Surely not. Who is guilty of such glee?

David Murray has done more harm to his club than our enemies on the outside ever did. No one wants the Great Boaster gone from rangers more than I do but it serves no purpose to suppose he's gone from the scene when in reality he still pulls every string that dangles.

What I'd rather see is every Rangers supporter protesting loud and long about his continued presence at the club. What I'd rather not see is the subterfuge that Murray is somehow history being perpetrated by the likes of the RST in their daft pronouncements about negotiating the sale of the club, as if Murray had handed over his shareholding and said 'here lads, do what you want with these'. I'm not sure which is the greater pain in the arse, the self-obsessed bastard or the self-obsessed idiot.

Glee about Murray still being around? Surely not. Who is guilty of such glee?

David Murray has done more harm to his club than our enemies on the outside ever did. No one wants the Great Boaster gone from rangers more than I do but it serves no purpose to suppose he's gone from the scene when in reality he still pulls every string that dangles.

What I'd rather see is every Rangers supporter protesting loud and long about his continued presence at the club. What I'd rather not see is the subterfuge that Murray is somehow history being perpetrated by the likes of the RST in their daft pronouncements about negotiating the sale of the club, as if Murray had handed over his shareholding and said 'here lads, do what you want with these'. I'm not sure which is the greater pain in the arse, the self-obsessed bastard or the self-obsessed idiot.

Oh there is one in particular that springs to mind , another pest of a poster very much related to our old pal Spanner , with far too much to say yet no answers to share .

Just read the remainder of your post and have to agree , the pied piper of Ibrox has led us a very merry dance and had too many dancing to his tune

Edited by rbr

Time is going on though, I'm wondering if any of the potential buyers are now waiting to see if we retain the title, thereby guaranteeing another CL income which could make a significant difference to the financial package they'd have to propose?

Mike.

Time is going on though, I'm wondering if any of the potential buyers are now waiting to see if we retain the title, thereby guaranteeing another CL income which could make a significant difference to the financial package they'd have to propose?

Mike.

But all that will do is set the asking price higher. I honestly think we need to think less about someone buying Rangers and much more about the selling side of any deal.

I don't know but I'm willing to believe there are potential buyers, none of whom will ever achieve anything until and unless Murray decided he is willing to sell, which I also speculate that he is not. Of course, when assessing this for yourself you'll first need to separate what Murray has actually said from what he has inferred or implied .... and then disregard totally anything he has either said, inferred or implied .... which should leave only the truth.

Would it necessarily increase the asking price? Its not like being in the CL is a cure-all - the debt is still going to be there, but it might give us and any new investors/buyers more options.

Everything I've read points to the fact that unless SDM can bail us out again, but properly, by paying off the debt and not just in terms of re-financing debt for equity or moving money/debt around his other companies, he's no other choice but to sell. Even without the bank stuff, there's been a noticeable change in the attitude and stance of Martin Bain for example since SDM stepped back, which makes me think he really isn't calling the shots anymore and just wants rid.

He's still a very successful businessman though who needs to answer to shareholders, so he needs to get the best deal he can from a financial point of view and yes, I do think he does genuinely care who the club gets sold to.

Oh there is one in particular that springs to mind , another pest of a poster very much related to our old pal Spanner , with far too much to say yet no answers to share .

Just read the remainder of your post and have to agree , the pied piper of Ibrox has led us a very merry dance and had too many dancing to his tune

Originally Posted by wabashcannonball View Post

The only rumours are ones relating to non existent bids, banks running the club, MIH being up shit creek without a paddle and Donald Muir being an agent of the bank. Murray has played a blinder.........again, much as I do not like the man, I do admire his style and business accumen, whither that be of the barrow boy variety or otherwise.

How nice of you to agree. :) All of your answers in the one place, ones which were obviously not to your liking.:whistle:

Originally Posted by wabashcannonball View Post

How nice of you to agree. :) All of your answers in the one place, ones which were obviously not to your liking.:whistle:

Yes your a right good judge of character , bye bye :flipa::flipa: