Kyle Lafferty opens his heart on debt claims - and Old Firm horror tackle

Showing your manager disrespect is not comparable to telling a joke pundit to shut his hole.

You really are crap at this fishing stuff.

You quite deliberately missed the disrespect shown to the fans in such an austere financial climate, you seem to equate angling with anything that you do not agree with, me I prefer facts. The only person that should, to use your phrase shut his hole, is the rather tiresome and loudmouthed lafferty, the complete definition that money cannot buy class. :)

Showing your manager disrespect is not comparable to telling a joke pundit to shut his hole.

Exactly. I can't get too excited about his comments. He had every right to reply to Nicholas, although he may have been better to ignore it.

This is the time that we should be getting behind the big man. He's had a couple of crap games up front, but he's played well there in the past, and he can hopefully settle down and improve with a few games under his belt.

Hopefully he will work at his game and we will see an improvement. He had a few good games up front last season and there's no reason to think he can't improve and use the opportunity of Boyd being missing.

Agreed Bluedell.

I find it rather disappointing (and strange) when Rangers fans prefer to join those hostile to us in lambasting a young player for doing, well, hardly anything wrong. I'm much more concerned about his on-field performances and the best way for those to improve is via hard work from him and support from us.

I look forward to the lad proving his doubters wrong over the coming weeks and months.

You quite deliberately missed the disrespect shown to the fans in such an austere financial climate,

I really can't get upset at his supposed "disrespect". His comments don't bother me.

Is Boyd quibbling about his �£18K a week contract also showing disrespect? No, he's just trying to do the best he can, like we all do.

It's all a bit mopish.

A lot of the reason that some have become hostile is 3-fold.

1. He isnt doing well enough to earn his wage.

2. He then spouts about how he has a fancy house, fancy car etc

3. The supporters paying his wages through ST's etc can barely afford their bills, let alone new cars (even tonka toy cars)

The mix of those 3 is powder-keg stuff.

They say you should never discuss politics, religion and money. Kyle, by boasting about what he has, lit the touch paper. Me, personally, I dont mind he said it as it is true. Others though will see it as a slap in the face. I can see why some would have an issue with it - but I just wish we had more of a "good for you" mentality when folks make themselves a lot of money.

I don't know if "offended" is the right word. People generally like and dislike others for how they act - boasting about how much money you are spending when you are very well off is generally considered crass and can understandably draw antipathy towards you.

I don't know if "offended" is the right word. People generally like and dislike others for how they act - boasting about how much money you are spending when you are very well off is generally considered crass and can understandably draw antipathy towards you.

The guy was defending himself against accusations that he had financial problems.

Here's a scenario:

============

Reporter "Do you have money difficulties?"

Lafferty "No. I don't have money difficulties."

Reporter "C'mon. I hear that you live in a really small house"

Lafferty ""No. I've got a nice, big house."

Reporter "Can you prove that you don't have money difficulties? What car do you drive."

Lafferty "I've got two nice cars, including a Bentley".

Reporter "aye but I hear that you're looking at a smaller car in the future".

Lafferty "I'm actually test-driving a Porsche."

=============

He's answered 4 questions honestly and perhaps in a way that isn't boasting. Take out the questions and put the answers together and it does. Can anyone say that they doubt that this is a likely scenario?

This is the Scottish press. You can trust them to put an article together in a way that damages Rangers.

Let's give Lafferty the benefit of the doubt and not fall for it in the way that the press could be trying to manipulate us into.