Boruc cautioned for crossing himself

I'll be honest, I never saw the incident, but I'd heard that it wasn't just a case of him crossing himself as many players do when they are subbed or score, he made a big deal of it or something? Anyway, if that's true, then already in typical fashion, the media are choosing to gloss over that and go for the sensationalist type of headline.

So was anyone there, what actually happened?

The scumbag kept blessing himself everytime the ball went behind the goal , and before he ran up to take a goal kick.

Kept changin sides of the goal kick , and was doing it smiling at the copland front.,

Scumbag.

That's not illegal to do though

It is illegal when it could cause crowd trouble.

The fact here is this - no player should be gesticulating towards opposition fans. It's as simple as that. I didn't see many people defending Gascoigne with his flute stunt. Indeed he was again fined a weeks wages by Rangers and condemned by all including the ludicrious statement by Provan about disrupting the peace process.

Unfortunately is the saturation of the sectarian issue by the media and the people who fake the moral outrage by reporting clubs and fans and players that is making the situation worse instead of better.

If a player wishes to indulge in superstitious gestures on the field of play it is no big deal unless he use sit as a GIRUY to opponents or fans of his opponents.

Boruc used it as a provocative gesture which merited sanction.

It is not so long since we had Paul Gascoigne fined �£20,000 and ludicrously accused of endangering the peace process in Northern Ireland for mimicking playing a flute.

It is also often overlooked that Fergus McCann also wrote to the SFA complaining about Gascoigne.

Boruc should have been sanctioned with more than a caution.

It is however wonderful to watch and listen to yahoos foaming at the mouth about it. :D