Step up Kyle Lafferty

Because of two decent performances ? Premature.

By the same logic then Thomson's only been showing form for the past 2 or 3 games - is praise of him also premature?

Not that I ever called him such but I am pretty sure that 2 decent games in what has still been a piss-poor season for him (thus far) won't have the detractors refraining from suggesting he is a laughing stock.

Well, it kinda has actually. I've not seen a single word of criticism of him over the past week. Performances really can turn people.

Have a little faith :)

It isnt that I dont have faith - but you yourself have flip-flopped more than once on Lafferty and all in the last month, correct ?

You originally defended him to the hilt for a couple of months, then you yourself in the last few weeks said that it seemed he was beyond being able to put in a good performance and now, because of 2 decent games, he has rebounded.

I personally think that your own flip-flopping is evidence enough that 2 games is premature, wouldnt you agree ? ;)

It isnt that I dont have faith - but you yourself have flip-flopped more than once on Lafferty and all in the last month, correct ?

You originally defended him to the hilt for a couple of months, then you yourself in the last few weeks said that it seemed he was beyond being able to put in a good performance and now, because of 2 decent games, he has rebounded.

I personally think that your own flip-flopping is evidence enough that 2 games is premature, wouldnt you agree ? ;)

I stand by everything I said before - because on those occasions he was being relied on as our figurehead striker in Miller and Boyd's absence - one thing I didn't bargain on when I critised his latter displays there was that he can't handle pressure. And clearly he can't.

But take the grief off him and he's a different dude.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

I stand by everything I said before - because on those occasions he was being relied on as our figurehead striker in Miller and Boyd's absence - one thing I didn't bargain on when I critised his latter displays there was that he can't handle pressure. And clearly he can't.

But take the grief off him and he's a different dude.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

Aye, even if it is wrong :devil:

Either way, and I still say you are premature.... long may his current performances continue.

Aye, even if it is wrong :devil:

Either way, and I still say you are premature.... long may his current performances continue.

See, RM and FF could learn a thing or two from this board.

While you and I may have a different opinion and way of thinking, we both see the bigger picture regardless and want what's best for the club and the player (in this example).

Too many agendas ruin this for my liking.

Seriously?

You were slating the guy before his Motherwell performance which was OK but a vast improvement from his performances against St Mirren x 2 and Falkirk.

I chose my words at the time very carefully. I didn't give up on him. Read back what I said - I pointed out fairly that his form was dire and he was seriously struggling - but I didn't call him a busted flush.

The guy needs a big hug from all the fans, seriously I believe he will be a good player for Rangers, tin hat at the ready, but to be fair he's a young player with still a lot to learn in his career, his price tag has a lot to do with the pressure he is under as well as a lot of criticism he receives,IMO, he has made an arse of himself a few times already, but hey if he learns then so what