If I thought we could exert pressure on the bank I'd be all for it. I was just making the point that there is absolutely no reason, legal or otherwise, for the bank to tell anyone what they want. Though giving potential buyers a ballpark figure may facilitate negotiations.

I think most learned viewers would appreciate Lloyds aren't going to come out and say they want �£30million to sell. However, by tarring them as the villain of the piece, it buys any buyer(s) time and makes them look good when, in actual fact, they appear as tardy as Lloyds in their work so far.

And I think people need to remember that there is no legal or moral reason for them to accept less than 100p in the pound. In fact, if they do it could be argued that we will have had an unfair financial advantage over the other SPL clubs.

That's why a team loses points when it goes into administration.

It will be nice if the new owners can pay less and invest money in the squad, but we can't expect too much.

Not for the first time recently I don't understand the point of this statement. Surely any serious bidders will be engaged in official talks with Lloyds, so the subject of the price will be one of those ongoing items for discussion?

Bizarre really. Why would/should Lloyds come out and state a price? Its not going to benefit anyone.

Mike.

And I think people need to remember that there is no legal or moral reason for them to accept less than 100p in the pound. In fact, if they do it could be argued that we will have had an unfair financial advantage over the other SPL clubs.

That's why a team loses points when it goes into administration.

It will be nice if the new owners can pay less and invest money in the squad, but we can't expect too much.

Good point re no legal obligation to accept less than face value.

However, if they are doing it for other companies then surely it must be an option for ourselves?

If this consortium has made an "offer" then it is either an Indicative Offer, made under a letter of intent and prior to disclosure of certain proprietary information and therefore means jack shit - or it is an offer made during an agreed period of exclusivity and it's disclosure, or the public disclosure of any required asking price, would mean the end of any deal if I was the buyer. Anyone who thinks this is how business is conducted needs to go back to their Beano. Believe me, Edgar is well out of his depth here and should try to stop showing it.

All this media coverage is just part of the game. As I said yesterday people are pulling in favours to try and gain some leverage on Lloyds. May or may not work but I think recent months has shown the support can apply a bit of pressure so it's certainly worth exploring further.

Some will prefer more pressure, some will prefer less but no-one knows what the situation is for certain and with Rangers remaining competitive in the SPL, the bank may not be in too much of a rush to accept a low(ish) offer on their debt.

The problem with the press is that they dont know shit, just like the last time. I dont believe a word they print or say. Slightest rumour today is tommorrows fact with foundation and credibility going out the window when it comes to their story telling.

Im fed up with it all. the situation has been running for so long its become boring. In the end someone will buy Rangers. May be next month or it may be next year but it will happen. So in the mean time ill excuse myself from the shit stirrers and rumour mongers and wait for a bit of concrete evidence.

A picture of the new owners in the board room should be enough to convince me, as long as it isnt in the Daily Rebel or the sun.

The problem with the press is that they dont know shit, just like the last time. I dont believe a word they print or say. Slightest rumour today is tommorrows fact with foundation and credibility going out the window when it comes to their story telling.

Im fed up with it all. the situation has been running for so long its become boring. In the end someone will buy Rangers. May be next month or it may be next year but it will happen. So in the mean time ill excuse myself from the shit stirrers and rumour mongers and wait for a bit of concrete evidence.

A picture of the new owners in the board room should be enough to convince me, as long as it isnt in the Daily Rebel or the sun.

:thup: .

Not for the first time recently I don't understand the point of this statement. Surely any serious bidders will be engaged in official talks with Lloyds, so the subject of the price will be one of those ongoing items for discussion?

Bizarre really. Why would/should Lloyds come out and state a price? Its not going to benefit anyone.

Mike.

If Lloyds are looking for the debt to be repaid (let's say �£25m) and SDM wants �£50m for his shares then it would be better to give some indication of this rather than wasting everyone's time, as there's no way that anyone iis coming up with �£75m.

However if the bank only need the debt repaid and SDM requires nothing 9or a minimal amount) then at least the guys trying to put together a deal would have an idea.