I was very sceptical as well and perhaps a tad critical but maybe we have all judged them at face value , I believe after a few discussions today that they may have played a blinder onlt time will tell but moves are definetly afoot , and Duffy was a very cleverly lobbed grenade that seemingly hit it's target

Gettin your digs in first is only going to get people's backs up and turn people away from your cause. Childish and completely counter-productive for the trust's aims. Mind you it's this defensive attitude and seige mentality agains the rest of the fans that appears prevalent from the trust.

If you put yourself in a position where you profess to represent the fans, then you put yourself in a position for people to take shots at you. It might not be fair but it's only natural. Aiming to gain trust from other fans through your actions and words is the way to win them round. Throwing the first punch so to speak is not going to endear the trust to non-members and makes it seem petty.

And yet you'll probably turn round and wonder why support for the trust is dwindling.

OOA's comment came across to me as light-hearted. Can't say it came across to me in any way negative.

Saying that, I couldn't blame him given some of the unfair press that David Edgar has received recently. On a few boards he has been criticised for the headlines that the newspapers write. rather than what he has actually said.

That's not to say he doesn't deserve criticism at times, but it should be based on what he actually says, and not the spin put on it by the likes of Keevins.

Gettin your digs in first is only going to get people's backs up and turn people away from your cause. Childish and completely counter-productive for the trust's aims. Mind you it's this defensive attitude and seige mentality agains the rest of the fans that appears prevalent from the trust.

If you put yourself in a position where you profess to represent the fans, then you put yourself in a position for people to take shots at you. It might not be fair but it's only natural. Aiming to gain trust from other fans through your actions and words is the way to win them round. Throwing the first punch so to speak is not going to endear the trust to non-members and makes it seem petty.

And yet you'll probably turn round and wonder why support for the trust is dwindling.

David Edgar professes to represent exactly what he does represent, the Trust.

Anyone who says otherwise is mischief making and twisting words imo.

Just because everytime he speaks he doesn't say 'I speak on behalf of the RST' doesn't mean he thinks he speaks for the whole fanbase.

Just because everytime he speaks he doesn't say 'I speak on behalf of the RST' doesn't mean he thinks he speaks for the whole fanbase.

I should maybe have added that I generally am pleased with how Edgar comes across when I hear him speak (I however missed today's radio interview).

I just don't think berating people for not supporting (or even attacking Edgar) before he has even spoken or people have had chance to assess his words and pass comment was not a clever move and would only further alienate those who are less than enamoured (sp) with the trust.

Fair enough mate and I'll apologise if that post has offended or risen anyones hackles.

Appears from BD's comments I missed the joke. :o Easily done when you're conversing over the net rather than in person.

Would you perhaps agree that my comments would be irrelevant to some of the people you mention as further alienation is an impossibility?

Aye, that's probably a fair point. Though that does not go for everyone.

I'm going to play devil's advocate on this. :devil:

Just because every time he speaks he doesn't say 'I speak on behalf of the Rangers fans' doesn't mean that he doesn't believe he speaks for the whole fanbase. In actual fact, there's often questions put to him that are specifically asking his opinion as a representative of the Rangers fans as a whole, but he'll rarely consider to point out that he doesn't actually represent the fanbase as a whole.

I don't have a problem with DE as a person at all. What I have a problem with is him spending so much of his time shmoozing with the press & radio pundits instead of sorting out the RST & building it into the highly respected & trusted organization that it should be amongst the wider Rangers support! The RST has sadly become a bit of a joke amongst the fans & somebody needs to sort it out before it becomes irreparable!

Hey Zappa,

re David and his apparent 'schmoozing'?

He is Trust spokesman....

Which means he speaks for a very small number of fans & what irks many of 'the rest' is that they don't agree with everything he says or even that he's saying anything at all in some cases/on some issues.

To be brutally honest, it's become a bit of a joke amongst fans who don't really seem to be offering any alternatives.

Maybe you could tell me what such fans are supposed to do about it? Join the trust & try to change it from within? To be brutally honest, I can't see new trust members having a snowball's chance in hell of changing it from within as it currently stands. That's just my own opinion though! ;)