RANGERS fans are planning their most high-profile campaign yet against the Lloyds Group at Ibrox today.

Influential supporters have contributed to the cost of 12 banners, each 20-feet high, as they demand clarification on the future of their troubled club.

The banners will be distributed to key fan groups with a view to draping them from the Broomloan, Govan and Copland Road stands before the game with Hearts and again at half-time.

Supporters are confident they will not fall foul of police as they turn up the heat on the banking group, tax-payer funded, who now have a significant say in the running of the cash-strapped club.

It's believed at least one of the banners reads Lloyds - Heartless Bankers while another focuses on the role of director Donald Muir at the club, labelling him the enemy within.

Muir has won a reputation as a turnaround expert but he is viewed with suspicion by many of the club fans who believe his role is primarily to slash debts without concern for the club's well being.

Rangers' financial woes were given a lift yesterday when the club finally got shot of French flop Jerome Rothen - and avoided a �£300,000 bill for the wantaway winger.

Rothen, 31, flew out to Turkey yesterday to pen a six-month loan deal with Ankaragucu after snubbing the advances of Greek sides Larissa and Kavala.

Gers had been servicing half Rothen's �£36,000-a-week wages at French side PSG and would have been locked into the deal had he not been moved on during this transfer window.

With PSG refusing to rip up their loan arrangement on Rothen, Rangers feared they'd have to keep him until

June.

At least we are getting rid of Rothen :)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/01/23/rangers-fans-plan-bank-protest-at-hearts-clash-86908-21989054/

RANGERS fans are planning their most high-profile campaign yet against the Lloyds Group at Ibrox today.

Influential supporters have contributed to the cost of 12 banners, each 20-feet high, as they demand clarification on the future of their troubled club.

The banners will be distributed to key fan groups with a view to draping them from the Broomloan, Govan and Copland Road stands before the game with Hearts and again at half-time.

So somebody blabbed? :(

Can't believe we actually paid that imposter a salary!

As for the protests, I can't see it making any real difference (what has?), but at least it lets the powers that be know there are dissenting voices that wont go away.

So somebody blabbed? :(

Surely it's a good thing that news of it reaches the press this morning? I'd have thought it was a good publicity stunt to attract as much coverage of any such protest as possible.

Agreed, the publicity in the press is worth a lot of banners draped at Ibrox.

Here's a thing though - while I'm as concerned about the conduct of Lloyds as the next guy, there's a part of me that feels there's a profound need for someone to inject some realism and prudence into the Rangers management. Some of the spending decisions at Ibrox these last few years have been so wasteful that I don't think I'd trust the old regime either. I'd do exactly what Lloyds have done and get someone on to the board who would stop the absurd profligacy we've had to suffer in the past.

Disappointing there was a leak when it had been asked to be kept quiet, though the early publicity may help as suggested above.

Also good riddance to Rothen. Paying him �£18,000 yet we quibbled over the same fee with Boyd. :( if we ahdn't got his laon maybe we could have gone to �£20k for Boydie.