If Lloyds is effectively running the club - and I don't know that to be the case - then several things follow. The first is that the current board should either resign en masse or sort it out to the benefit of the club.

If we're to believe what's been said, then the board have done the latter & sorted it out in the sense that they've fought to secure a workable agreement with the bank which puts the club in a position of safety for the rest of the year.

I take it these banners are the work of the political wing of FF? TBO and UB seem to be distancing themselves and I didn't think there was an influential fans group in the Govan.

Seen a comment elsewhere that a car salesman paid for them, but I guess it was just a wee joke... :devil:

Seen a comment elsewhere that a car salesman paid for them, but I guess it was just a wee joke... :devil:

Yes, I heard that, the theory being that he doesn't have sufficient spondoolahs to buy the club so he's become main sponsor of the RST instead. Strange times breed strange bedfellows.:)

It's probably just me being wrapped up in other matters at the moment but remind me, apart from keyboard rumours what actual evidence is there that the bank is indeed dictating who is sold/bought or what wages are paid at Rangers?

The Chairman's comments at the AGM suggested that they are working within a strictly dictated business plan that gave them little room for manoeuvre.

The fact that they have been in the club before the end of last season was confirmed by someone inside the club.

Walter also made a comment within the last 10 days that said that the bank were still running the club.

Yes, I heard that, the theory being that he doesn't have sufficient spondoolahs to buy the club so he's become main sponsor of the RST instead. Strange times breed strange bedfellows.:)

Perhaps not as close bedfellows as some would like to imply. ;)

I take it these banners are the work of the political wing of FF? TBO and UB seem to be distancing themselves and I didn't think there was an influential fans group in the Govan.

TBO had their anti-Muir banner on show today.

When & where was that BD? Must have missed that one.

On the radio. Just switched it on and he was in the middle of an interview and he said it. I was quite surprised and haven't heard it reported elsewhere, but I've been away.