What's the source for all this information? Is it rumour-mongering from the consortium trying to scare the support into just accepting them?

These rumours regarding cutbacks have been flying around for longer than this consortium has been in place I'd imagine. I heard that the business plan had been rejected and delayed until Summer around about November time.

Gavin Masterton - Dunfermline FC director and he of SDM's failed attempt to buy and lease-back Ibrox - not to mention other dubious ventures?!! :D

I'm sorry but hearsay and conjecture shouldn't be enough for anyone - Duffy and Masterton being prime examples of why we need to know more facts.

That's who sprung to mind with myself. I'm not sure if it's been a spelling mistake or not but the name I was given was definitely Masterston not Masterton.

You'd hope so :D

Seems a bizarre coincidence and I certainly don't know anyone with the extra s.

What also makes our representatives convinced that King, Murray and Johnston will be capable of turning round the club given (non-executive positions or not) they've contributed to the problems of the last decade? More so, when Johnston was quite clear in that he didn't think fan participation was agreeable?

The bid put in by Dave King, Paul Murray and two as yet unnamed investors. The other two I've been told are possibly our current chairman and another who I have absolutely no info on. I only know his surname is Masterston.

I'm just passing on what I've heard and yes the majority of it is from Follow Follow but it comes from some people who haven't been wrong in the past, have decent enough connections and also from some who haven't posted it on the board but have heard from other sources.

Thanks for that, mate. Don't know a Masterston, but I guess all will be revealed....

The bid put in by Dave King, Paul Murray and two as yet unnamed investors. The other two I've been told are possibly our current chairman and another who I have absolutely no info on. I only know his surname is Masterston.

I'm just passing on what I've heard and yes the majority of it is from Follow Follow but it comes from some people who haven't been wrong in the past, have decent enough connections and also from some who haven't posted it on the board but have heard from other sources.

SARS (South African Revenue Service) are quite adamant that King's worldwide assets are frozen and that he is no position to make a bid for Rangers as the triple-digit charges against him are still open.

You then have to also consider would King meet the SPL's "fit and proper person" criteria for ownership ?

I wouldn't rule Dave King out but 1) he definitely comes with baggage (whether proven or not) and 2) may not even be in a position to bid anyway.

SARS (South African Revenue Service) are quite adamant that King's worldwide assets are frozen and that he is no position to make a bid for Rangers as the triple-digit charges against him are still open.

You then have to also consider would King meet the SPL's "fit and proper person" criteria for ownership ?

I wouldn't rule Dave King out but 1) he definitely comes with baggage (whether proven or not) and 2) may not even be in a position to bid anyway.

The one thing that these informed people (and they are often correct to be fair) have been consistent about is that any takeover would probably happen early this year around January/February.

Therefore, it could be this is the time King expects the charges against him to be dropped leaving him free to buy the club.

However, this makes my points about King, Murray and Johnston already being involved with a struggling club even more valid.

There are ways round that, as I'm sure that you are aware, although it's perhaps not as easy as it was 10 years ago.

Sorry but while the attempt to dress it in credibility is commendable, this is just so much more baseless bollocks. If you cannot substantiate then you are, by definition, just another rumour-monger. You're not passing on information, you're indulging in rank speculation. By any measure, it could reasonably be described as self-publicising gossip. Please, give it a rest.