Champions League market pool/TV money

I mentioned on another thread recently that our CL TV money wouldn't be received until the competition was finished and was asked if this was actual fact or possibly just hearsay. Well, after having used the search facilities on the Gers forums I visit to try and track down the thread where I know I've stated this before and had a source for the info, I haven't been able to find the thread. It could have been on almost any type of thread and I've posted on a lot of threads. Since there's no way I'm individually scanning through thousands of my own posts to find this info, I've asked about it over on Bert Kassie's site and got the following reply today -

I can tell you for sure that the market pool money isn't payed until after the season ended, simply because it can still change even for clubs that are out of the competition (EG Liverpool would get more money if all other English clubs go out at the first knock out round than they would if we'd get 3 English semi finalists again).

I believe I've read somewhere that all the money (market pool + prize money) actually gets payed in summer to the national federations, who then distribute it to the clubs, but I'm not really certain about the proceedings.

The reply refers to 'market pool money' which is basically the TV money which is divided amongst the teams proportionately depending on your countries' TV market value. This season a market pool figure is reported of ââ??¬341 million (eu) to be paid out over and above the standard prize money which is approx ââ??¬409.7 million, taking the total money pot for CL group stages & onwards to ââ??¬750.7 million.

So anyway, not yet 100% conclusive on the payment schedule, but I hope to get some more info on this subject & will post it here if/when I do.

It's annoying me that I can't find the thread where I posted about this last year mate, but I'll get to the bottom of it. I can't be claiming things without proof. :fish:

Is that not what you do in your conspiracy threads :fish:

I've asked about it over on Bert Kassie's site

I love the way this sounds like you popped down the road to a foundary (sp?) at lunchtime, and shouted for Bert. At which point he put down his hammer, or whatever, you had a chat, and you came back. The global village right enough.