WS Speaks of Concerns

excuse me jumping into this tennis match...

But BD, are you trying to say the amount and dates of loan repayments for the upcoming year were declared in the previous years accounts, but the declared schedule of payments was not adhered to and this will be shown in this years accounts?

Not really to do with Rangers but Mario Been said on Dutch TV tonight that Feynoord will probably be releasing most first team players next season and continuing with players from the youth set up. We are not the only club in this situation. Players wages have to be brought down.Would we be willing to accept a few years of defeat and accept we have young players playing, to secure the Health of the club? We may not have a choice.

Not really to do with Rangers but Mario Been said on Dutch TV tonight that Feynoord will probably be releasing most first team players next season and continuing with players from the youth set up. We are not the only club in this situation. Players wages have to be brought down.Would we be willing to accept a few years of defeat and accept we have young players playing, to secure the Health of the club? We may not have a choice.

A few years of no Champions League football and we are basically screwed for a decade or more

Plus i don't believe we have enough youngsters capable of making the step up. I don't rate Andy Little at all yet he seems to be the highest rated outwith the quartet of Ness, Wylde, Wilson and Fleck

Once the debt has been cleared we could start rebuilding. I would imagine that we could keep a lot of the low earners. We would lose McGregor Boyd, Miller and Boogy but could possibly hang on to the rest. For all players out of Contract give them a take it or leave it option to get the wages down. Obviously getting Fleck and Wilson to sign would then be paramount. Unless a buyer comes in i see it as the only option.

excuse me jumping into this tennis match...

But BD, are you trying to say the amount and dates of loan repayments for the upcoming year were declared in the previous years accounts,

yes.

but the declared schedule of payments was not adhered to and this will be shown in this years accounts?

Can't say whether it will be in the forthcoming set of accounts or not as the last set of financial information was over 2 years ago (could, in theory, be the following set), but I'm fairly sure that they were unable to repay the �£400m+ of loans that were scheduled in the year to 31/1/10. If they had been able then I doubt that there would be the current situation to the same extent.