Hello folks. thought i best show my face :D

One thing thats needs to be said is that from here, FF and other sites too the overwhelming majority seem to be in agreement that, for now at least, we need to work together.

Welcome to the site, mate. :)

Certainly a thought provoking post, and hopefully your comments can be taken onboard by most.

Guest Northampton_loyalist
Welcome to the site, mate. :)

Certainly a thought provoking post, and hopefully your comments can be taken onboard by most.

if people dont take it on board then I worry for the club. Leaving aside the rights and wrongs of a protest, we need to shelve personal agendas. Im glad that pretty much everyone seems to be in agreement over that.

Hello folks. thought i best show my face :D

One thing thats needs to be said is that from here, FF and other sites too the overwhelming majority seem to be in agreement that, for now at least, we need to work together.

Hi mate god to see you over here , excellent post , my biggest worry is that 1 . we have no real figure head to front this up ,and 2. the protest against Hibs is a wee bit soon to really galvanise a support or at least a majority to really drive the point home , however I will be right behind it so well done on getting people at least talking again :)

Arthur Numan,John Greig, I would have Souness,however we do need a high profile figurehead as has been said to unite & lead the fans as right now there is too much personal grudges between the fans groups,IMO, where as a high profile name,preferably an ex player,would get automatic respect initially.I also agree we need some clarity from Rangers before we can attempt a proper protest.

A good post NL and made in the correct spirit. My problem is that I don't really know what we are protesting about and what outcomes we require. Is it against Muir? Is it against the bank? Is it against the whole board who have been intransigent throughout? We need to be specific and I don't see this at the moment.

My problem is that I don't really know what we are protesting about and what outcomes we require. Is it against Muir? Is it against the bank? Is it against the whole board who have been intransigent throughout? We need to be specific and I don't see this at the moment.

More and more folk are hitting the nail on the head and this is one such post.

A good post NL and made in the correct spirit. My problem is that I don't really know what we are protesting about and what outcomes we require. Is it against Muir? Is it against the bank? Is it against the whole board who have been intransigent throughout? We need to be specific and I don't see this at the moment.

Very good post mate, straight to the heart of it.

Very good post mate, straight to the heart of it.

I think people need to shake the disgust at this being the case. Its the situation itself that makes it hard to know who to protest against. The reason for this is obvious - all the people who may be at fault are the people who we need to tell us. They are all best served in maintaining silence. Murray cant piss off the bank, the bank cant overtly piss off the fans, the directors cant piss off either murray or the bank because they cant anger them. The sentiment that everything-is-fucked has no object. We all know it is the case, and we have people who are in the know saying its the case - but no-one is either willing or in the position to say exactly who is responsible. We cant say "we want this better state of affairs" because no consortium speaks publicly. We havent gt the money to buy the club ourselves. My only hope is that a protest against the wrong person will at least force them to take up a defensive position and spill more information. The only sensible direct protest is against Muir or Johnstone, and for them to tell us exactly what the score is. But "please give us more info" seems a weak basis for a movement.

Guest Northampton_loyalist

there should be some clarity given about the protest in the coming days, a mission statement probably. Im sure it is being worked on.

The article was not a call to protest, it was a call to set aside petty rivalries (and some not so petty rivalries) and work together. I believe that a protest is the right way, others disagree, the only way we can formulate a cohesive strategy in the face of disagreement is by engaging each other in dialogue. Of course we will not all agree, but if we can remove as many obstacles as possible it comes closer to happening