PROTEST SUNDAY 14th FEBRUARY - MORE INFO

Surely we should know who is going to benefit from the protest. I would like to know who is in this consortium, or at least for there to be a figurehead who I can trust.

It's a protest against the bank. Nothing to do with the consortium mate.

If you aren't happy at the things you are hearing emanating from the club regarding the bank then make yourself heard next weekend.

Yep, I don't want arguments or snide remarks on here about anyone or any site please....

Please keep any criticism of the protest constructive.

PS: I may not be in a position to post too much this weekend after 2.30pm today so excuse me if I can't take part in the debate until Monday. :(

Nothing would please me more to see all our fans united in a common cause. And as I said yesterday, I think its brilliant that people are taking a lead and actually doing something about it instead of just debating it.

But what proof do we have that the bank are being difficult to deal with other than rumors? WS has said the situation is very perilous, but beyond that, we've nothing else to go on just now. If things are that bad, then its time for someone to stand up and let the fans know what the hell is going on.

Mike.

You're bang on the money. Why do they always have to communicate via the public forums? Why can't they all just sit round one table and get organised - THEN come sell these ideas. the way it's being done here this morning is moronic.......... but very, very typical.

You're clearly not surprised, having presumably witnessed the embarrassing 'We Deserve Better' 'campaign' which amounted to threads on Internet forums and not a lot else.

All I see here in this case is wishy washy hyperbole which is asking for money.

I don't like either, and once again, the theme is anti-Lloyds when it should be 'questioning' of Muir.

If the RST spokesman himself didn't really blame Lloyds and requested clarification from Muir alone, then I imagine this bizarre latest 'protest' is not being carried out by the RST.

If it is, then it rather shows that said organisation is anything but organised these days.

You're clearly not surprised, having presumably witnessed the embarrassing 'We Deserve Better' 'campaign' which amounted to threads on Internet forums and not a lot else.

All I see here in this case is wishy washy hyperbole which is asking for money.

I don't like either, and once again, the theme is anti-Lloyds when it should be 'questioning' of Muir.

If the RST spokesman himself didn't really blame Lloyds and requested clarification from Muir alone, then I imagine this bizarre latest 'protest' is not being carried out by the RST.

If it is, then it rather shows that said organisation is anything but organised these days.

sorry mate dont agree with that remark , but each to his own

To kick things off amongst our wider support, we need someone within the club (a director?) or someone fronting an interested consortium to come out and make a very public statement which will give us something to galvanise our efforts behind. Even Walter's comments are too obtuse to give us anything concrete to go on.

Mike.

Good point. What I would like to know is why are the current board of directors being let off so lightly in all of this?

sorry mate dont agree with that remark , but each to his own

It was 2 or 3 threads on RM, FF and maybe one other. Here possibly. That was the entire campaign.

I consider that embarrassing as a protest. But like you say, each to their own :)

However, Edgar believes a match day protest may undermine the Treble-chasing efforts of the team on the park.

He said: “Our concern is how an organised protest would affect the team. While it would be something that people would like to do, we are very wary of having a negative effect which might contribute towards a defeat.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks-ignore/kris-boyd-and-kenny-miller-boost-for-rangers-cup-push-1.1004070

I wish I could say it was unbelievable .... but it's not. For years there have been abundant reasons to protest but Joe Average sat on his hands chanting the mantra "it's not the Rangers way". Now the idea of protest finally seems to be dawning on people as not only acceptable but actually our right - and what do we do - focus on the administration, form sub-committees and raising funds ffs. The support is suddenly full of "look at me's" and "we's", sewing banners and thinking up slick slogans. Vladimir Ilyich never had such toadies - but where were they the last time we protested outside the doors of Ibrox? Or protested outside the BBC offices?