PROTEST SUNDAY 14th FEBRUARY - MORE INFO

Amazing how you're prepared to back the most bitter of hacks and not your fellow fans during time of hardship...

I back the truth how about you, now if you can prove that the bank is lying and they are in fact "running" Rangers and Muir is their employee I am all yours. I prefer to believe the bank would not make a public statement that in this case could be proven to be somewhat economical with the truth, my opinion is my opinion you really shouldn't have to resort to innuendo because I disagree with yours. In a word the proposed protest is nonsense and it is heartening to see posters on RM are realising that.

Have the bank every denied that they asked Murray to place Muir on the Rangers board? No.

Is it possible that they could have done so, with Muir having certain objectives, and still deny that they are not involved in the day-to-day running of the club? Of course it it.

What has been said by all parties so far proves absolutely nothing, one way or the other.

"We would therefore like to be clear that Rangers FC is neither operated or run by Lloyds Banking Group."

Seems clear enough to me, maybe I am not looking deep enough.....any protest should be at the door of the man responsible and his companies, Murray.

They can say that and still have have had Muir appointed, IMO.

They can say that and still have have had Muir appointed, IMO.

Yup. Because a bank would never, ever, ever, cross my hear and hope to die, ever, ever, ever act only in their own self-interest and lie about their intentions.

:whistle:

If a protest is to be effective it needs several things to be in place:

a clear and agreed target

an acceptable alternative

publicity through wider media than online forums

a united popular mood

As far as I can see none of these are in position, so I would counsel keeping the protesting powder dry. You can argue that we're not in a position to wait, but the facts are muddled, and the protest imo will achieve absolutely nothing. Better to wait until we know who or what we're attacking, and who or what we're putting forward as better.

This whole sorry saga could be clarified to the fans satisfaction by one man, Walter Smith. WS should present the fans with his evidence that the bank is running the club, he did start it all by his statement to that effect.

If not already having been done, protest organisers should clarify the situation with WS, if only to ensure that if there is a target to be protested against it is indeed the correct target.

WS's stance is either right or wrong there is no middle ground, if he has the wellbeing of supporters and club at heart, he should be transparent at this time with his thoughts on the matter.

If a protest is to be effective it needs several things to be in place:

a clear and agreed target

an acceptable alternative

publicity through wider media than online forums

a united popular mood

As far as I can see none of these are in position, so I would counsel keeping the protesting powder dry. You can argue that we're not in a position to wait, but the facts are muddled, and the protest imo will achieve absolutely nothing. Better to wait until we know who or what we're attacking, and who or what we're putting forward as better.

I'll go further and say that unless the planning and preparation are improved, this proposal may have entirely the opposite effect from that intended.