What has gone wrong?

Guest fozzy_bear

Guest fozzy_bear

Does anyone else realise that the general standard of both rangers and celtic has vastly detiorated over the past few seasons? 5 years ago we were still trying to be like man utd, now weve succumbed to being a breeding ground for their youngsters. 5 and ten years a go we were linked with and tried to get some big names from europe, at times we got them, at times we failed, no were trying to sign a 3rd player from a piss poor austrian team??? does that mean austria vienna have better players than us??? what the hell has happened? were now relying on kris boyd to score our way outta trouble it seems, i no its only a few games into the season but i mean they dont fill me with great confidence. wen baz comes back it wont exactly makes us a great deal stronger in midfield, clement is up and coming hemdani is mince and baz is average at best, we badly need more talent, and not anymore from vienna or poorer teams in spl. to me we are just heading in the wrong direction

your thoughts please?

Guest fozzy_bear

surely tho we hear all this dross bout investment, finances being fixed, less debt.... but we cant pay for players??? yet that lot can??? wtf is happening? we are rangers... not sum piss small club

surely tho we hear all this dross bout investment, finances being fixed, less debt.... but we cant pay for players??? yet that lot can??? wtf is happening? we are rangers... not sum piss small club

would you rather we spent a fortune on players and went back in to debt?

no... but i canny stand how we lose points to teams as shite as killie dunfermline and dundee united... rangers of old wudny do that

i know its hard mate, but i think we've just got to accept that, for the moment at least, all the european dreaming, gazza signing etc has passed. we've just got to look to the future, try and develop youngsters and get back to the top the ajax route.

we've got a good manager in PLG, and unless we get some massive investment or admitted to the english league then this is the way it will stay.

i also think we tend to have a rose tinted view of "back in the day". watching some of the old games on rangers tv you see that our football wasn't that great to watch. i think we're moving in the right direction, there's no point in looking back.

Guest The_Rock

Soon we will be completely out of debt , and regular champiosn league football for a few seasons , do something in europe , attract big sponsors , we could be up there again ....NO SURRENDER .

I think its more the quality of the other teams are gettin better.

I feel the other SPL games are more entertaining to watch now whereas before i would watch the old firm highlights then turn it off.

Can only be good for scottish football "a mon avis"

The signings of Vennegoor and Gravesen will cost the tims a total package of 15-20 million pounds. They are using there CL cash before they have it. If they do not get past the first group stage or fail to qualify next year it could put them in big trouble again. To be honest i think they are playing Russian roulette. We don't want to take the same route

When we blew the Sky money that was the end of us keeping up with the English prem.

I cannot believe that Le Guen is such a bad judge of players that most of them are donkey's. I am sure(hope and pray) most of them will start to perform once they get settled in. We seem to be playing good football we just need to start taking the chances we are creating and stiffen the defence up. Piece of cake!:D

I am sure i just heard on Scotsport Gravesen is on 45.000 a week. Have the tims robbed the United States Bullion Depository at Fort Knox?:ffs:

Its an easy answer Fozzy that Murray gave WS and DA open cheque books and our dream of conquering (sp) europe never unfolded and we got into a mess. Now we dont have someone willing to say here is 5 million on a player now. Also the Scottish game is standing still and the clubs get pennies now.

As for the Tims reason I dont have a clue coz i dont take a interest on how they are being run but it seems they might be in the same boat. They had Fergus McCann who saw an investment and he was also willing to splash cash in order to try stop us doing 9IAR. You look back and also see they had good players 10 years ago in Di Canio, Cadetey Spaghetti, Thom, Van Hooijdonk.

Pete is right, where are they getting money for Gravesen from and how are they managing to out bid Newcastle?