Rangers Protests ââ?¬â?? "Donald Muir, the Saviour Within"? - article by Boss

It was initially supposed to be a full, outside the front doors protest and was reigned in.

Different people decided to try a different approach. Protest, call for clarity whatever. Let's see how it's reported and the next steps before we go further.

FYI, I was supposed to be involved in this especially when it became more disciplined and less aggressive however due to issues in the real world I was unable to lend a hand.

Edited by OnlyOneAmoruso

There has been more time spent disecting the pro's and cons of this protest than there has been getting to the root cause of why we are in such a bad mess , I'm starting to get the impression that some are more than happy for our current predicament to continue just so they can bump their gums .

The internet based fans do not really constitute a great percentage of the fanbase as a whole and at times I believe we get ideas way above our station with regards the importance of what we believe and the importance of what we say .

We have an apathetic group of fans , and have had for years , used to being spoon fed by Murray and his appologists , continually telling us what to do and what not to do , is it any real surprise we turn on our own because that's what we are used to .

I really fear for our future , but it will be okay because some unknown posters who have inside knowledge are being told that it will be okay , SDM is an absolute genius and unfortunately sometimes in life you get what you deserve .

Not that i'm up or down on the whole 'protest' thing, but could that be a saving grace for Muir/Bank/Club at the moment. Things are going well and a large number of fans seem quite passive about any hard hitting protest.

Just as long as everyone is happy with the three points today because that's all that really matters in the short term & all we have to go on at the moment are leaks regarding the short term future of the club. Some fans want to hear long term plans for the club, but they're being a bit unrealistic all things considered.

The internet based fans do not really constitute a great percentage of the fanbase as a whole and at times I believe we get ideas way above our station with regards the importance of what we believe and the importance of what we say

That's what I don't understand rbr. Its as if a statement was released to the media outlets of the world with precision-timing, with the sole goal of disrupting a protest by bringing some new, earth-shattering evidence to light. It was a posting on the internet. Just one bloke's opinion.

This posting happened to not agree with what a certain bunch of people felt. It didn't slag them off, slag their ideals off or slag their mothers' off. Meanwhile, a thread about the piece, which I thought raised some good points, has been totally derailed in to what seems like a petty slanging match. Gersnet has changed a lot over the last 12-18 months.

Mike.

Protest seemed to go pretty well - well done to the organisers for that; banners looked very professional.

As for the inter-site squabbles, as usual it is a red herring for those (on both sides) who'd prefer to keep arguments personal instead of debates professional. Some of the comments I've read this morning really are quote incredible and completely out of proportion to the issue.

People are entitled to opposing opinions and just because they may disagree on specific strategies doesn't mean they can't respect each other. Very disappointing but not altogether unexpected. Any reason to fall out and point the finger which is surely tedious for the majority who couldn't give a flying...

Protest seemed to go pretty well - well done to the organisers for that; banners looked very professional.

As for the inter-site squabbles, as usual it is a red herring for those (on both sides) who'd prefer to keep arguments personal instead of debates professional. Some of the comments I've read this morning really are quote incredible and completely out of proportion to the issue.

People are entitled to opposing opinions and just because they may disagree on specific strategies doesn't mean they can't respect each other. Very disappointing but not altogether unexpected. Any reason to fall out and point the finger which is surely tedious for the majority who couldn't give a flying...

Only yesterday I was told of one guy on RM who I know quite well being told by a FF'r that he wasn't a true Rangers supporter because he didn't support the protest. And this kind of irrational nonsense is going both ways. I heard him use the word 'factions' and I'd have to agree - these large boards are essentially opposite factions. And that's no way forward for Rangers Football Club.

Only yesterday I was told of one guy on RM who I know quite well being told by a FF'r that he wasn't a true Rangers supporter because he didn't support the protest. And this kind of irrational nonsense is going both ways. I heard him use the word 'factions' and I'd have to agree - these large boards are essentially opposite factions. And that's no way forward for Rangers Football Club.

It's all still quite young though. Factionalism is not always a bad thing - infact, faction (ie: the seperation of power) is enshrined in American and other judicial system. Factionalism makes collective action difficult but it also stays group think and the harsher extremes of the cult of personality. The real problem here is, though, that neither FF or RM or anyone have any real power yet - so rather than factions appearing a mature and necessary management of disagreement they seem disproportionate and petty. The bottom line though is that people are going to disagree, and are congregate with those who think like them. It's perfectly natural.

Yep, there is some illogical crap on both forums which is decisive and silly.

As I've said previously the issue of some sort of inter-site rivalry is a red herring so a few of the people from both sides can continue the petty and irrelevant personal problems they have with each other.

Meanwhile, others are having these opinions force-fed upon them when the truth is both forums are excellent in the main, with some superb posters and fantastic articles - not to mention the charity work of both.

It is an absolute nonsense. Fortunately outwith a vocal minority, the majority can see past the disrespectful innuendo and enjoy the people who do debate sensibly.