SFA and ****s in Referee Discussion

I'm not very impressed by BBC Scotland's word choice when reporting this story, which they must be delighted with. How anyone can live in this country, be exposed to the biggest sports broadcaster and STILL think there's an agenda against Celtic is beyond me.

and were unhappy at the number of erroneous decisions going against them.
An impartial reporter would note that they are considered erroneous by Celtic and their fans, they're not de facto facts, if you can say that.

The Parkhead boss has contained his frustration at the catalogue of bad decisions they have been on the end of this season – the most damaging

coming in the two Old Firm games played to date.

Mowbray is wary that the focus of players might be lost if they go into a game they must win with concerns they will not get a fair crack of the whip from referee Dougie McDonald and his assistants.

The last time they played at Ibrox, in October, Craig Thomson denied them a clear penalty when David Weir tripped Shaun Maloney, a mistake the referee later acknowledged.

In the January 3 game at Parkhead, Celtic believed they scored a legitimate goal when Marco Fortune outjumped Allan McGregor, only for Steve Conroy to rule it out for a push on the keeper.

Other incidents in these matches and in other games have perturbed officials at Celtic sufficiently

And apologies if this is not from the BBC, but whoever wrote it is plainly watched through green tinted spectacles.

Edited by andy steel

As much as I hate the BBC as an institution, it has to be said and noted that our own grievances with them are mostly down to the freedom given to their employees & the lack of any credible editorial standards. There's basically people in positions of authority there who we'd rather not be there.

As much as I hate the BBC as an institution, it has to be said and noted that our own grievances with them are mostly down to the freedom given to their employees & the lack of any credible editorial standards. There's basically people in positions of authority there who we'd rather not be there.

A lack of oversight from London maybe?

Have to say.... that sending off of Broonaldinho was an absolute shocker of a decision. Even had they finished with 11 they wouldnt have won though - they are shite. And yet they think we are......

Look at the SPL photo gallery here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8541694.stm it is Zidane-esque. Lafferty does look like a tit there

Look at the SPL photo gallery here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8541694.stm it is Zidane-esque. Lafferty does look like a tit there

That picture is a gross misrepresentation of the incident though.

It was Brown's momentum that took him into Lafferty and it seemed, to me at least, that he was protecting himself more than anything.

Even though Lafferty looked a tit there I dont think he a) feigned anything nor b) tried to get Brown sent off - he simply wanted a foul.

Shocking decision from the ref in my opinion.