Some more Ellis information:

Since you have his mobile number could you text him a few more questions :whistle:

Like, is he the money man or part of a consortium? Is he in the process of looking at the books? and when does he expect to be in a position to reveal more? Finally, is he aware of other interested parties?

:notworthy:

Doubt, legally, he can answer questions on the takeover. :(

BBC Scotland suggests they will announce more information in 2 weeks time Stefanovitch...

I appreciate that.

Invaluable information from N_L straight from the horses mouth. I'm more than a little susprised Mr Ellis took time out from a meeting to take a call from someone he doesn't know but credit to him for that.

As said elsewhere, when you're the boss meetings can be adjourned easily enough.

Moreover, anyone can answer a phone call from an unexpected person in such a way so it leaves an easy exit strategy if necessary.

:)

As said elsewhere, when you're the boss meetings can be adjourned easily enough.

Moreover, anyone can answer a phone call from an unexpected person in such a way so it leaves an easy exit strategy if necessary.

:)

My secretary is primed to say I'm in a meeting if Frankie calls me. :whistle:

MF:

Agreed. Ellis seems to be spending a lot of time and money in finding out if Rangers are worth buying.

He must see an avenue for his investment where he can make money and bring/keep success to the club while hopefully improving it as well. We can only hope better fan communication/representation is part of his strategy. If he's not aware of how demanding our support are then he may find his previous football experiences a walk in the park when compared to being the focal point of Rangers Football Club.

With all due respect to QPR and Northampton Town; this is another ball-game completely.

If he thinks he's going to make money out of Rangers then I'd be very concerned indeed. It would mean he sees his opportunity in non-footballing matters and the football club we see would almost certainly suffer as a result.

And since he has no relationship with Rangers that I can see, I'd be sceptical in the extreme if he said he's going to invest large sums of money out of love for the club - which, by the way, is the only plausible motive for anyone to invest in Rangers in the current economic climate.

Of course he could be doing a David Murray and looking to elevate his personal profile by association with Rangers but these are very different times and what neutral would want to be associated with the pariah club, steeped as we are in bitter sectarianism and racism.

Personally, if the buyer of Murray's shares isn't tied emotionally to Rangers in some way then I think it's going to be a hell of a risk, no matter who he/she is.

That question could quite easily be aimed at every consortium that express an interest could it not ????

I certainly hope so.

Without a clear understanding of the motive, how can anyone judge a prospective acquirer.

absolutely. appologies if you thought i was having a dig. There IS nothing in the content that should sway you to believe me or not and I certainly would not claim that what he told me was true anyway. I assure you the chat did take place but can see 100% why some guy off the internet, whom you have had no face to face dealings with might not spark instant acceptance. As I said, take it the same way as you would take anything off the internet

Ah, now I was referring to the general situation about rumours and didn't for a moment intend the comment to be directed at you personally. If it seemed that way then I apologise unreservedly.

Have we not been saying for years that Murray has under developed our potential and been very blinkered in his approach towards marketing , in fact he always took the easy option IMHO .

Now I dont want to jump the gun but who's to say this guy or for that matter any new owner cannot better maximise our potential . Or is this just wishful thinking