Rangers as it stands minus CL involvement

Tend to agree with Mr Cannonball here....

Smith has decent funds during his 2nd spell - even if they've perhaps come in bulk as opposed to spread out over his tenure. the jury is still out on a few of these signings but for the market we shop in, inconsistency and self-doubt is perhaps to be expected.

No problem with the credit RBR, but when you throw it about like a man with 10 arms sometimes the credit rating drops, I don't buy into the myth about WS having not been given money, only wish Big Eck would have had the same kitty.

The only critiscism I have about our last spending spree was it came after Murray started to get personnal abuse and as usual he deflected it very well in his usual way , spending our money like a drunk in a bar .

As for Big Eck , sorry but he was not to be trusted with money and you only need look at his team at the moment , they are being held together by Bosmans , his big money signings are not really doing the business IMHO .

Smith has not been "given" money that was denied Eck.

For the most Smiths spending has been met by sales. His net spend is tiny. Therefore, generating profit on Cuellar, Hutton etc has funded much of his spending. If we had not taken in about �£17 mil from those two sales that alone would about half Walter's "spending".

To try and paint it otherwise merely demonstrates an agenda.

Your havin a laff, anyone that doesn't agree with you has an agenda, what sort of money did "walter" spend was it real money or toytown money, there again the agenda card is oft played by those grasping at straws..:whistle:

You should know.

The way you spoke it was as if the club deliberately found funds outwith our intended expenditure and budgets to help out Walter but did not do the same for Eck.

I know you like to write in riddles and generally spout mince but if you can't understand the simple fact that Walter's spend has only been as high as it has due to the income generated from the sale of players like Hutton and Cuellar you are beyond help. Had Eck helped develop players to the point that we sold the mfor what are exceptional fees in the Scottish game, he would be given the funds to reinvest. As he was with the Boumsong sale. In fact your point is complete bs as proven by that one transfer window alone.

Insert irrelevant smilies here....

Did I really, well there you go, you do have a way of interpreting words, but as long as you are enjoying yourself. When you can tell me who has or had a net profit of �£13 million in his transfer dealings and slashed the wage bill, you might be nearer to solving your riddle, what's up don't you like smilies. :spl:

Did I really, well there you go, you do have a way of interpreting words, but as long as you are enjoying yourself. When you can tell me who has or had a net profit of �£13 million in his transfer dealings and slashed the wage bill, you might be nearer to solving your riddle, what's up don't you like smilies. :spl:

The inference was that Smith was handed out money like it grew on trees whilst Eck had it witheld. A little look at the facts shows that the big spend from Smith is mostly balanced out with large sales rarely/infrequently seen in Scotland.

Similar to Eck's dealings in selling Boumsong. You can continue to spout tripe but your arguement falls flat with a little look at the facts.

Both managers were backed financially as much as possible. But different circumstances at different times dictated that the backing was not identical.

Tripe ? Big Eck's transfer dealings speak for themselves, �£13 mill plus. I believe what I said is quite clear http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showpost.php?p=196332&postcount=7 why you are arguing with yourself beats me, perhaps you have an agenda. :devil:

You say you wonder how wattie would manage with no money to waste , well apart from Lafferty I dont see much waste , back to Big Eck where do you start Maniero , Buffel , Capucho , Mladenovic , jeffers christ the list is endless regardless of fee's paid and wages drawn Big Eck wasted and was given plenty .

Also please look back at the players Eck had at his disposal , compared to just now he had a much better squad to start with .