So where has it been, this RST?

Just to pick up on Frankies point about Innovation.

This is key to our future success imo.

We have to become smarter in what we do. We need to get to the point where we control all our current revenue streams 100%. Then we need to maximise these and develop new ones. We have Edu & Beasley which should give us access to a massive market in the USA and Canada. When you add in the amount of expats then it's practically like printing money. More efforts should be made in emerging markets such as these.

We have to employ a team of PR/advertising/marketing gurus and develop ways to minimize costs whilst maximizing gains and get the Rangers brand out there.

To quote a much used phrase, we need blue sky thinking. Revenue streams need to be brought back in house, stripped down, examined and built back up.

We can't rely on TV money like other countries so we have to box clever with what little potential we do have.

We certainly need innovative thinking, especially on the commercial side of things, but we also need the people to put these ideas into practice. We've had neither the vision nor the capacity for many years and, excepting the playing side, the first requirement will be a root and branch change of personnel throughout the organisation.

Thanks for the contributions overnight, gentlemen... :thup:

What of the main problems I have with any suggestion we make is that surely it will have been made and investigated before? Thus, why wasn't it explored further? Why hasn't our branding improved? Why hasn't our distribution network widened abroad? How do we negotiate image rights with our foreign players? Why are we not already making substantial funds from such innovations?

Is it because improvement needs the kind of investment we cannot afford on either a start-up or ongoing process? Is it because of the short-term outlook of the board? Is it because key board members are too stubborn to welcome/analyse new ideas?

All in all, a new owner may bring a new broom and sweep away much of the dead wood associated with the club from the top down. But if finance is the key issue (and it arguably will be) just how far does imagination get us?

To find out, I'd love to see a Rangers 'Think Tank' where the very best of the Rangers supporting business-minds came together to brainstorm and contribute in a whatever sense they can. Not every bear can (or wants to) contribute the ongoing time and finance to own or take part in the running of the club. However, if they are real bears, surely they could help on an ad-hoc basis from time to time (say bi-annually in the first instance) or delegate people to act on their behalf.

Just seen the post about sky blue thinking, any chance of some light blue thinking instead?:)

Any chance of some Union City Blue thinking. Another aspiring Trust member who invested so much time and effort promoting the virtues of that organisation and what he was trying to do. Since when the silence has been impeccable.

Any chance of some Union City Blue thinking. Another aspiring Trust member who invested so much time and effort promoting the virtues of that organisation and what he was trying to do. Since when the silence has been impeccable.

UCB is a busy man.

Don't worry MF, I'll never leave you :D

Edited by OnlyOneAmoruso

UCB is a busy man.

Don't worry MF, I'll never leave you :D

Many of us think we're busy men. Some of us actually are. Some have excuses made for them, some make excuses for others. Seems to me the RST is better at excuses than being busy.

It used to be said that if you wanted something done, you gave the task to a busy man. on that basis, I don't think there can be any busy men in the RST. ;)

Hello maineflyer.

You didn't like what I had to say and you suggested I shut up.

So I shut up and now you wonder what I have to say!