So where has it been, this RST?

Why do we care about the bloody RST anyway?

As this is my first post on here do feel free to harass and harry me I wont take it personally :)

If the fans are never going to get together to provide a united front (and that hasnt happened even in what we would call our darkest days when we werent sure what was happening at the start of the season even up to January) then the enemies of the club find it easier to write their usual crap. I have just joined the site today but I am a long time poster on FF and its safe to say that many posters on there dont think a lot of this site and vice versa. The ideaologies might be different but we all want the same thing. The absolute best for Rangers.

For me, the RST lost a lot of the respect of outsiders looking in by jumping in with this Duffy character, it smacked of a bit of desparation and the implications if it had went tits up (which it did and pretty quickly) hadnt really been thought through properly.

I had hoped that the Ellis bit would maybe have lit a fire under more interested parties but as yet, that hasnt happened and I confess I am rather disappointed at that.

As this is my first post on here do feel free to harass and harry me I wont take it personally :)

If the fans are never going to get together to provide a united front (and that hasnt happened even in what we would call our darkest days when we werent sure what was happening at the start of the season even up to January) then the enemies of the club find it easier to write their usual crap. I have just joined the site today but I am a long time poster on FF and its safe to say that many posters on there dont think a lot of this site and vice versa. The ideaologies might be different but we all want the same thing. The absolute best for Rangers.

For me, the RST lost a lot of the respect of outsiders looking in by jumping in with this Duffy character, it smacked of a bit of desparation and the implications if it had went tits up (which it did and pretty quickly) hadnt really been thought through properly.

I had hoped that the Ellis bit would maybe have lit a fire under more interested parties but as yet, that hasnt happened and I confess I am rather disappointed at that.

Welcome to the site, mate.

I don't think there is generally a bad feeling towards FF on here. Both Gersnet and FF have their strengths and weaknesses and both are good sites. :)

What could anyone possibly not like about this cosy wee site? :confused::)

Welcome to gersnet

Welcome to the site, mate.

I don't think there is generally a bad feeling towards FF on here. Both Gersnet and FF have their strengths and weaknesses and both are good sites. :)

Thanks for the welcome :)

I dont think its generally the case with most posters but there are a lot of shall we say marquee posters who have themselves firmly entrenched in one camp or another. Certainly a post like the OPs on FF would have either been deleted by now or so many bans would have been handed out that it would have been useless.

I dont think its generally the case with most posters but there are a lot of shall we say marquee posters who have themselves firmly entrenched in one camp or another. Certainly a post like the OPs on FF would have either been deleted by now or so many bans would have been handed out that it would have been useless.

Gersnet's quite different to other sites EvoX and everyone here likes it that way. There's no specific anti-FF, anti-RST or anti anything vibes here. Many of the posters here including admin & mods are also members of other forums such as FF, RM & VB. I'm also a member of FF and RM and would visit VB from time to time as well if I could get registered. It's good to read all the different viewpoints on the various sites because opinions amongst the support are extremely varied. :)

Welcome btw! :cool:

Welcome to Gersnet.

I'm amazed that any FF poster would harbour bad feelings towards Gersnet. It isn't Gersnet that bans posters for even mentioning the name of another Rangers website..... or bans members for posting any criticism of itself or the RST. Neither is it Gersnet that removes the name of another Rangers website from an articles and tries to claim credit for it. But hey ho, no doubt the folks over on FF have their reasons for wanting to be different when other Rangers sites are enjoying increasing cooperation.

You should stay and find out why Gersnet is better in every way. You won't get the high volume you're used to but you won't get the trash posting either. You will get information and debate.

Edited by maineflyer

Gersnet's quite different to other sites EvoX and everyone here likes it that way. There's no specific anti-FF, anti-RST or anti anything vibes here. Many of the posters here including admin & mods are also members of other forums such as FF, RM & VB. I'm also a member of FF and RM and would visit VB from time to time as well if I could get registered. It's good to read all the different viewpoints on the various sites because opinions amongst the support are extremely varied. :)

Welcome btw! :cool:

You could easily register on VB but you'll need to contact admin meantime and make your case for joining. You would have no problems with your posting history here and on RM. VB admin are generally less tolerant of visitors from the dark side and tend to cull non-posters on a regular basis. However, after their recent complaint to the PCC about the conduct of the NOTW, the gates are temporarily closed in an effort to keep that newspaper from infiltrating the website and using posts to get the site closed down .... which is fairly typical of that paper to be fair. Send a pm to Willhelm on RM and he'll sort it for you.

You could easily register on VB but you'll need to contact admin meantime and make your case for joining. You would have no problems with your posting history here and on RM. VB admin are generally less tolerant of visitors from the dark side and tend to cull non-posters on a regular basis. However, after their recent complaint to the PCC about the conduct of the NOTW, the gates are temporarily closed in an effort to keep that newspaper from infiltrating the website and using posts to get the site closed down .... which is fairly typical of that paper to be fair. Send a pm to Willhelm on RM and he'll sort it for you.

Cheers MF, I'll contact the guy you suggest because I registered a while back but didn't get an email from admin. I used the same name as I use here and on RM, so just presumed the admin looked at my registration and said 'oh god, not this handwringer'. :D