So where has it been, this RST?

Cheers MF, I'll contact the guy you suggest because I registered a while back but didn't get an email from admin. I used the same name as I use here and on RM, so just presumed the admin looked at my registration and said 'oh god, not this handwringer'. :D

I could see their point :whistle:

Only joking :)

Cheers MF, I'll contact the guy you suggest because I registered a while back but didn't get an email from admin. I used the same name as I use here and on RM, so just presumed the admin looked at my registration and said 'oh god, not this handwringer'. :D

I doubt they'd take that view at all. VB does tend to be a bit one-eyed but that's what you tend to get with mainly like-minded people. It sure is different but the sheer commitment of the members is quite impressive. There are quite a few who overlap between VB and Gersnet.

Guest enigmablue

Welcome Evox. As a long time FFer with probably the lowest post count going i find that Gersnet offers a little sanctuary from the constant uber egos that FF has. Quality over quantity is the key and generally a feeling that the debate is generally well thought out and constructive. FF is still my first port of call on a daily basis but it's more like a giant videprinter of gers news and views. Gersnet IMO is more challenging and thought provoking.

On Frankie's points:

Communication

I think in most developed cultures we're now moving into a next phase of 'consultation' or 'engagement'. This might be controversial but i think the next step is that RFC think about paying people for their time. Lots of bears all over the world follow follow through love and passion but the current RSA/RST model of non-paid volunteers coping lots of flack more often than not for trying to the best of their abilities is a dead horse.

Now i'm not suggesting that club blazers, comfy seats and salmon sandwiches be made available but how about a little courtesy and compensation of time for 'project' based work that benefits Rangers FC. This then leaves the participant with options on what works for them be it kudos/money/benefits etc. If you provide a professional service to Rangers FC then the club 'pays' for it but you also have the option of off-setting this against season ticket cost, merchandise vouchers etc

Innovation

What kind of ideas could take these organisations to the next level? Could they contribute research into development of Ibrox? Can they provide finance/investment via new independent vehicles? How can they involve the wider support?

Another controversial statement but simply Rangers FC think they are bigger than they are. The 'brand' is king but we lack presence. Presence comes from people, not the brand. Presence is not measured in units sold, dvd's etc It's time to get back to the simple art of storytelling. Give people a platform to listen to real Rangers men (and women) tell their stories to their own. We live in an instant world with lots of technology available to reach a wider audience yet we manage, market and put a price on it before we've even told people what it is. I've done sales before and i think it's simple, people buy from people. Rapport, wit, good humour, honesty and truthfulness. We Are The People.....let's share our stories and get people back in love with Rangers FC and in particular let's have a really good and interesting variety of match day experiences.

Improved Representation

As it stands we have three main organisations - each working together but each markedly different in tactics, reputation and funding. How can this be improved? Can they work together better under the Assembly banner to pressurise club into more official/in-depth/regular dialogue? Is the Assembly a dead duck? How do we engage the club in a way to keep them interested while ensuring organisation members are happy

The RST has a working share-buying model, but poor ongoing communication with its members. The RSA/WWA in a sense has the 'numbers' and the club's backing and i'm afraid i don't know too much about the Association to speak about them but it seems like a favourite old uncle who's shunted in the corner, given the paper to read and fed tea and biscuits.

The simple answer is one we talk about most: The Rangers Family. Ask every supporter to be part of the Rangers Family. No family i ever known always gets on, but we're family. That simple rhetoric might just be the starting point for the future debate of fan representation. Let's grow our family based on a share understanding of what our family stands for. We'll have a few skeletons in the closet like every family but we unite under a new banner that knows where it's from, where's it's going and how it's going to get there.

Off to bed now as it's 1am here...hope this adds to the debate.

Because they are Rangers supporters,who mostly want the best for our team.

I consider them politicians with egos. They operate under the guise of what you describe, when really it appears to me and others to have little to do with what they do.

I have no doubt they are Rangers fans, but I believe they consider their own organisation more important than the club.

FF and RM staff have a similar kind of problem.

You could easily register on VB but you'll need to contact admin meantime and make your case for joining. You would have no problems with your posting history here and on RM. VB admin are generally less tolerant of visitors from the dark side and tend to cull non-posters on a regular basis. However, after their recent complaint to the PCC about the conduct of the NOTW, the gates are temporarily closed in an effort to keep that newspaper from infiltrating the website and using posts to get the site closed down .... which is fairly typical of that paper to be fair. Send a pm to Willhelm on RM and he'll sort it for you.

Willhelm told me he wasn't admin and couldn't help me with my request to join (which was denied)....:whistle:

Willhelm told me he wasn't admin and couldn't help me with my request to join (which was denied)....:whistle:

He isn't admin any more but he was instrumental in starting the site before having to pack it in to focus on business. I'm surprised he wouldn't vouch for you unless he had a reason not to. Perhaps he wants to keep a certain distance from site affairs, I really don't know.

I don't think anyone else should be put off by your own experience.

You have to have a wry smile at times, " make your case for joining" it's the internet not some secret society, being a Rangers supporter apparently isn't enough, 1984 appears to be taken literally in certain quarters, cest la vie.

Unfortunately, an open internet doesn't bring any freedom. How do you keep your website free of people who wish only to destroy it? How do you achieve the freedom only to correspond with honest people?

Your smile can be as wry as you like but many people register and post on Rangers websites who are not Rangers supporters. Some are supporters of other clubs, some are club officials, others are from the media, many have decidedly unfriendly intentions. Some arrive en masse with the express purpose of loading the dice and manipulating opinion. Paranoia - nope, it happens all the time.

So should the people who created VB or any other website be free to choose who joins? Probably, but how do you make it happen? You tell me. If you want to see what happens without controls, there are obvious examples where genuine Rangers supporters can sometimes be in short supply.

Then there are websites who allow you to join freely and post what you want .... but if they don't like your opinion they simply ban you without warning ot appeal. Is that the freedom you refer to?

Personally, I find VB a little too defensive of its borders but there again, VB is involved in actively challenging the anti-Rangers activities of some thoroughly nasty people. In any case, shouldn't they be free to run their website as they choose?

All new requests for joining are being denied at present , and for very good reason too.