So where has it been, this RST?

The reality is somewhat more simple, internet forums are places where people can agree or agree to disagree, places for exchanging and putting up opinions, they as in the case of our clubs multitude of sites have absolutely no bearing on what happens within the Ibrox board room. Some people really do attach an importance that is way beyond the effect that boards have, fragmentation divide and conquer call it what you will, but we have to many boards pulling in different directions, a little Glasnost would go a long way.

You introduced freedom into the equation and smiled wryly ... I responded. Now you've moved without a backward glance to the apparent futility and fragmentation of these websites. It's hard to fathom what you'll come up with next. I love surprises on my birthday too, will you be around later in the year?:rolleyes:

VB is not a forum for discussion as such in any case - it's a dedicated organisation, with the express aim of preserving 'Rangers traditions' and defending the club from perceived attacks. I might not agree with them on everything but I can see what they are doing, and it's not providing a social chatroom for Bears.

VB is not a forum for discussion as such in any case - it's a dedicated organisation, with the express aim of preserving 'Rangers traditions' and defending the club from perceived attacks. I might not agree with them on everything but I can see what they are doing, and it's not providing a social chatroom for Bears.

I think you've nailed it sir.... but of course that shouldn't be a reason for people not taking part.

But I need to get back to thinking about my OP and Frankie's sggestion that we might examine the form, function and purpose of supporters organisations.

To be honest i was totally surprised at Alistair Johnston saying Rangers supporters are giving out enough money for their season tickets to give out more to take a part in any form of fan participation of ownership of the club. The fact is only 60.000 can have season tickets but there are probably millions of world wide fans who could buy into the club at some level. Yes season ticket holders are taxed heavily enough but surely they could be compensated as club members with discounts on their season tickets. I feel the club has to be trying to get money from the millions of world wide supporters who do not buy season tickets. I have also said in the past to use Rangers tv as a carrot to get fans to join the club. Rangers TV on it's own does not really excite me but as a freebie part of an all-round fan club deal makes it feel i am getting it for nothing. I really feel this is something Rangers should be looking at and running from within the club

Something of such magnitude would bring in Enigma's need to pay wages to get the most out of such a set-up.

There have been some really good comments on here. I've spent most of today getting things ready as we will shortly be sending out renewal notices. With there being a game tomorrow and it being Mother's day then it might be the beginning of the week before I can respond properly. I would like to point out one thing though. The RST has not backed any proposed bids. People will quote the interview in NOTW with David Edgar. This was a phone call to David where he made a comment about Duffy being the only party to have come out and publically stated his plans and suddenly it was quoted as 'the only show in town'. This was never stated but we have to live with these things.

To be honest i was totally surprised at Alistair Johnston saying Rangers supporters are giving out enough money for their season tickets to give out more to take a part in any form of fan participation of ownership of the club. The fact is only 60.000 can have season tickets but there are probably millions of world wide fans who could buy into the club at some level. Yes season ticket holders are taxed heavily enough but surely they could be compensated as club members with discounts on their season tickets. I feel the club has to be trying to get money from the millions of world wide supporters who do not buy season tickets. I have also said in the past to use Rangers tv as a carrot to get fans to join the club. Rangers TV on it's own does not really excite me but as a freebie part of an all-round fan club deal makes it feel i am getting it for nothing. I really feel this is something Rangers should be looking at and running from within the club

Something of such magnitude would bring in Enigma's need to pay wages to get the most out of such a set-up.

I agree that if we're going to increase income (which we desperately need to), we need to give many more people something that they want and are prepared to pay money for. The idea of having a big support simply pay moneu every year for a "membership" won't work beyond the first few years. A decent TV or internet platform giving the supporter what he/she wants in return for that money - better access to the club, to merchandising, etc. - is a much more sustainable concept. But not the pathetic propaganda we've seen in the past - we need something run by fans, not by the club..... which brings in some of Enigma's ideas.

I definitely think we have to get beyond thie popular notion that the season ticket holder is the only important customer to cater for. Playing the numbers game, those fans who almost never see Ibrox are where the real earning potential lies - IF you can connect with them, which the club currently doesn't begin to do.

I agree that if we're going to increase income (which we desperately need to), we need to give many more people something that they want and are prepared to pay money for. The idea of having a big support simply pay moneu every year for a "membership" won't work beyond the first few years. A decent TV or internet platform giving the supporter what he/she wants in return for that money - better access to the club, to merchandising, etc. - is a much more sustainable concept. But not the pathetic propaganda we've seen in the past - we need something run by fans, not by the club..... which brings in some of Enigma's ideas.

I definitely think we have to get beyond thie popular notion that the season ticket holder is the only important customer to cater for. Playing the numbers game, those fans who almost never see Ibrox are where the real earning potential lies - IF you can connect with them, which the club currently doesn't begin to do.

Totally agree and no matter how much i love John Greig we really need to have a young managerial fan based input in the board room. The are you being served days with young mister Grace day's are far gone. We need young managers with young and modern idea's.

You introduced freedom into the equation and smiled wryly ... I responded. Now you've moved without a backward glance to the apparent futility and fragmentation of these websites. It's hard to fathom what you'll come up with next. I love surprises on my birthday too, will you be around later in the year?:rolleyes:

Perhaps my reference to 1984 was to subtle for you. I doubt I said anything was futile, but defeinite fragmentation is visible for all, but as always you can put your own spin on matters, that is what freedom is all about within reason.