Kris Boyd took a dive to win Rangers crucial penalty, blasts Dundee United star Kovac

Maybe Miller is too fast for the linesmen in this country to keep up...?

Ouch!

But this is the madness that the micks have unleashed on the game in general. Every made-up wannabe can grab a headline by claiming victimhood and if it connects to the Grand Establishment Theory then so much the better.

I didn't think either penalty was one. In fact, none of the goals scored were clean. Every single one was either luck, a mistake in defending, an invalid penalty or a deflection.

But I also don't really care - it was a full blooded cup tie and a good match - and hopefully with the replay we'll properly put it to bed :)

This is all getting a bit boring and it's time the SFA stepped in and start punishing this non stop onslaught of referees by players and managers.I could be wrong but I thought the managers had agreed at the beginning of the season not to slate the refs???, I'm not saying I agree with this but if it was agreed with all the managers then it's time to start fining them IMO.

Whether or not these accusations have foundation is not the point, as you rightly say it's basically disrespectful and undermining of authority to bleat on about things which go against you.

Guys like John Hughes agreed not to complain about refs, and while he hasn't, to his credit, others like Mowbray most certainly have.

Hateley's column was correct, the green end of this city have started a bandwagon and now any decision which goes *against* is complained about.

It's worse this season in that respect than I can remember (though I am quite sure we're no angels in the past ourselves), and is it any coincidence it's the worst league performance by timmy since before the time of Barnes?

I seem to remember in round three of the Scottish Cup, Dundee United were leading Partick Thistle 0-1 at Firhill going into the final minutes. The United goal had been under siege throughout the second half, Thistle having created several opportunities without converting. A breakaway from United saw a ball across the Thistle box and Casalinuovo punched the ball into the net. Game ended 0-2 to United and they marched into the next round.

What did Kovac say after that incident? What did Peter Houston say, did he slam the Referee? Maybe it was only me, but I heard the distinctive sound of silence emanating from Tannadice. Oh, I should mention the referee that missed Casalinouvo's underhand action, was Dougie McDonald.