So would you sign up for it?

The deal is 600 up front and 15 per month for five years giving a total of �£1500 and they are aiming for 20k subscribers.

Is it attractive?

For me the 15 a month is no problem but I'd find the initial 600 hard to swallow. I'd probably prefer 300 and then 20 per month - or maybe nothing up front and 25 per month...

I think many others will think the same.

I can see why they'd need the money up front - probably to pay for the shares, while the monthly payment is to pay off the debt.

I think the 1.5k investment may be out of the reach of many fans which is why the aim is for 20k people. You'd think after the UEFA final we'd have 200k potential investors but it's hard to encourage people to put there hands in their pockets for no "tangible" return.

The ironic thing is that in Manchester there were about 200k people who spent an average of over �£200 each which is over �£40M - more than is planned to be raised for owning the club.

So pushing that aside, what would we actually get for the money besides a piece of paper saying we own a bit of Rangers and a vote at the AGM?

Surely there needs to be some added value to encourage uptake - after all SDM gets countless perks for his money.

Do shareholders get preferential treatment over tickets and seating as well as pricing? Free tours of the stadium? A cheap members-only bar? Free access to Rangers World? A shareholders only forum? A commemorative brick?

I suppose the trouble is that there would be so many it's hard to cater for them all and when you do it can hit revenue.

What happens when more capital investment is needed? Where does the money come from for stadium renovation and development? How are people proposed for the board of directors?

There are many more better questions than I can ask that we haven't a scooby about at the moment.

Anyway, the original question is: would you go for it?

definetly , it's very easy to talk on forums and boast of doing this and that but when the time comes people always find excuses why they wouldn't do it , but this is Rangers so I would find a way no matter what

In principle I wouldn't hesitate. In practice, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole unless I believed in the plan and those running the club. If I genuinely thought it was a plan that would benefit the club, I'd be prepared to go beyond the figure being quoted.

When the RST came along, I immediately joined because I believed in its aims, then I took a life membership because I believed the additional investment would benefit the cause. I've since contributed to various Rangers-related causes including new fans' websites. However, the result of this has been a complete loss of faith in a small clique of supporters who seem to want to run everything but have shown a complete inability to do so.

As things stand, unless there is a root and branch change to the way Rangers supporters organise and represent themselves, I don't think the laudable aspiration of fan ownership has a cat's chance in hell of coming to fruition.

Hang on a minute. Forgive me guys but I'm half way round the world at the moment. Cal, is your OP hypothetical or are you quoting figures put forward by the RST?

edit : yes I would stump up the cash, I couldn't stop myself.

Edited by Cotter