Beasley hopes to resolve future

DaMarcus Beasley hopes to have his long-term future resolved before the start of the World Cup finals.

More...

Rangers winger DaMarcus Beasley hopes to have his long-term future resolved before the start of the World Cup finals this summer.

The experienced USA international is out of contract this summer, but is keen to extend his Ibrox stay.

Although his spell in Scotland's top flight has been disrupted by injury, he is settled and would dearly love to sign extended terms.

The 27-year-old admits he has a bond with the Glasgow giants and concedes it would be hard for him to leave Rangers this summer.

Beasley is expected to win a spot in Bob Bradley's 23-man squad for South Africa and would relish beating England in the group stages before returning to Rangers to help their UEFA Champions League cause.

Come back

"I would love to win this title, beat England at the World Cup and then come back and play for Rangers again in the Champions League because I love that tournament," he told the .

"If it works out for me like that then I'll be delighted. But if it doesn't then I'll always look back upon my three years in Scotland as one of the best periods of my life.

"Yes, I've had ups and downs because of injuries but we've won a lot of trophies and I'll take those memories with me wherever I end up.

"I mean it when I say I love playing for this club. I've got a bond here now and it would be hard for me to leave. This is my third year here and I've got a lot of friendships inside the club and also with the fans. It feels like home for me now here in Glasgow after being here so long.

"That's a tough thing for me to say being from Fort Wayne, Indiana but it's honestly how I feel. Hopefully that will continue to be the case but, if not, then maybe there will be a new challenge for me somewhere else.

"Ideally I'd like to have things settled before I go to the World Cup. You could go there thinking if you play well you might get a move to this club - but if I don't play what am I going to do?

"I'd rather have something sorted out so I know what I'm doing after the summer and I can concentrate on playing football. It's always good to feel secure and know what club you're going to be playing for when the World Cup is over."

Edited by Frankie

The club can't afford high earners who aren't earning their money. If Beasley was playing 25+ games per season and generally playing well he'd be worth keeping, but we're extremely lucky if we get half a dozen good games out of him only playing a dozen times in the season. Not worth the money IMO.

Doesn't deserve a new contract, nor do i think he'll be offered one

The scary thing, though, is that as it stands, our squad for next season reads:

GK - McGregor, Alexander

DR - Whittaker

DL - Papac

DC - Webster, Bougherra, Wilson

MR - Davis

ML - Naismith, Fleck

MC - McCulloch, Edu, Thomson

ST - Miller, Lafferty, Velicka, Little

Doesn't deserve a new contract, nor do i think he'll be offered one

The scary thing, though, is that as it stands, our squad for next season reads:

GK - McGregor, Alexander

DR - Whittaker

DL - Papac

DC - Webster, Bougherra, Wilson

MR - Davis

ML - Naismith, Fleck

MC - McCulloch, Edu, Thomson

ST - Miller, Lafferty, Velicka, Little

That is rather scary... :(

Some nice article material in that info - a member like yourself would be well-placed to write a piece for the main site. :whistle: