Bougherra focused on Gers

Bougie and Wilson have now starred in the same number of games as each other, with Wilson starting all 21 while bougie has had 20 starts plus 1 sub. Amazing.

What is also pretty amazing, is both have had very similar disciplinary records: 1 red card each and very few yellows! (wilson has 1 and bougie - despite the tims thinking he is a dirty player - only has 2)

Goals wise wilson has 1 and bougie 2.

I think this just highlights how well wilson has done alongside weir in his rookie season!

This Bougherra story is being reported differently depending on the outlet. Some places are saying he's focusing on us, others refer to the other part where he's happy to leave and be a star in England.

Truth is, while his attitude at times for us has stunk, he's been honest with us from the start (maybe too honest I admit) and appears to be adopting the same position as Cousin did - happy to stay, happy to go.

He's one we want to hold onto imo, despite my misgivings about his personalities. For ability, he's a keeper.

While I agree with the sentiment, to give Walter SOMETHING to spend, I'd say it's best to cash in. We can't afford another window with no signings - I don't think any club can.

I'm even thinking we should also cash in on MacGregor and Wilson if we can and cut our losses on Lafferty but get something in for him. Maybe I'm dreaming but if we could bring in more than 12M for that lot, and give 8M to Walter, that would ease our debt and allow fairly decent fresh faces.

While I agree with the sentiment, to give Walter SOMETHING to spend, I'd say it's best to cash in. We can't afford another window with no signings - I don't think any club can.

There's no point selling a player for the sake of having money to spend on a similar player. I get your point but if you have a very good goalie, defender, midfielder and striker, and teams are willing to spend a tidy sum for them, all it means is you lose said player and have to replace them with the money you received for them.

Better to hold onto the best assets and add to them. Which is why I am hoping for new owners and new investment. I don't want cyclic turnover of the squad.

I'm even thinking we should also cash in on MacGregor and Wilson if we can and cut our losses on Lafferty but get something in for him. Maybe I'm dreaming but if we could bring in more than 12M for that lot, and give 8M to Walter, that would ease our debt and allow fairly decent fresh faces.

Lafferty, sadly, I do agree we should probably cut our losses on. I've admired his attitude this year - full effort and commitment to the cause, but the ability he showed last year in patches has nigh on entirely disappeared. Doubt we'd get a great deal for him though.