Simply The Best for the UK #1? (At No 13 on Radio 1 Midweek Chart)

Was on a Tina Turner forum and they were saying that he quit as Tina's publicist a few year ago under bad taste.

Also considering where you got that from, I'd take it with a pinch of salt :spl:

You can use your salt any way you want. It's a quote from the Scotsman, which may not exactly be the best newspaper in the world but I don't think they're in the habit of just inventing attributable statements. They would, however, have been well able to guess what sort of answer this rheptile would give if asked the question.

No one is claiming Doherty is currently talking for Tina Turner ... but I didn't see too many expressions of denial from the Tina Turner camp either ... although her website does currently carry a mention of this "campaign". Why not, she's making easy money from it.

Guest Northampton_loyalist
Achievement, what's been achieved? I hope I'm not just being cynical for the sake of it but, honestly, what's the achievement?

If nothing else, large numbers of people from a variety of websites have pulled in the same direction over something, even if that something is considered trivial by some. In my mind anything that fosters co-operation amongst our support is a good thing and with our track record, an achievement. I guess I'm more of a glass half full guy than you and tend to hunt out positives.

If nothing else, large numbers of people from a variety of websites have pulled in the same direction over something, even if that something is considered trivial by some. In my mind anything that fosters co-operation amongst our support is a good thing and with our track record, an achievement. I guess I'm more of a glass half full guy than you and tend to hunt out positives.

It's not considered trivial, it IS trivial.

However, that doesn't make it uninteresting, I just questioned whether there was anything to it that could justify being described as an "achievement". Despite offering this insight into your inner psyche, you haven't actually added anything other than a need to find things to be positive about. But we all knew that already eh?

Some here are claiming the campaign is rasing funds for our troops, when it appears in fact that it isn't. It looks like 13 pages of backslapping - I thought I'd let some light in and some wind out of the system before you all explode.

However, that doesn't make it uninteresting, I just questioned whether there was anything to it that could justify being described as an "achievement". Despite offering this insight into your inner psyche, you haven't actually added anything other than a need to find things to be positive about. But we all knew that already eh?

Some here are claiming the campaign is rasing funds for our troops, when it appears in fact that it isn't. It looks like 13 pages of backslapping - I thought I'd let some light in and some wind out of the system before you all explode.

I think you've being a little too cynical here. Don't get me wrong, getting a song to #1 these days isn't exactly the biggest award winning achievement known to man, but isn't it just plain 'enjoyable' that our club's unnofficial anthem could be the biggest selling song in the UK this week to honour winning the league?

No one's gonna win a Nobel peace prize, you're right that nothing is going towards any charity funds, and this episode won't bring peace to the middle east either, but it's kinda fun that a bunch of Rangers fans have got together to bring some major publicity and kudos to our club anthem.

Guest Northampton_loyalist

I'm sorry, but your opinion is not looked upon as some accepted wisdom. YOU think it is trivial but I'm sure the guys behind it are of a differing opinion, not to mention the thousands of others who are behind it.

On top of that, I offered a great reason as to where there is achievement, you simply chose to ignore it, again.

The Rangers online support is extremely prone to having certain groups rubbish what others do simply because it is others doing it. The achievement of having EVERY Rangers website pulling together is great. Your saying it is trivial means absolutely nothing other than YOU find it trivial. The fact that people are working together on ANYTHING across the various sites is a step in the right direction.

Lastly, the idea was NEVER to raise funds for anyone, the person who started the ball rolling on facebook tagged in Erskine as a means to raising the profile of that charity. Once the campaign is over the facebook page reverts to being dedicated to promoting any fund raising efforts for Erskine. With over 5000 members now that offers a good chance of revenue being increased at a later date. The campaign to get the best to number 1 grew far larger and far quicker than the originator anticipated and he cannot be blamed for that in the slightest.

The fact I like to look for positives is not a bad thing. I could argue that it is a far healthier mindset for a Rangers fan than that held by someone who goes out of his way to find problems and criticise everyone while doing absolutely nothing himself. I'm far too polite to say that though, and tend to look for the positives in people :flipa:

I think it is an acheivement the whole support has pulled towards something as a whole. It may be something trivial as getting a song to no.1 but it does show that if we as a support can agree on something then we will carry it through in numbers. I know we don't exactley all have to make a decision regarding it but it's still good to see.

Even if it doesn't make no.1(although the aim I think was never for it to be no.1 but just even top 10) I think we can be proud of ourselves and it is something different so it's a good laugh at the same time.

It's good to see that on all the Rangers forums that the aim is the same and is a little relief to not see any RST or even RSA ideas etc.. and the bickering it causes on all forums.

Sorry if it doesn't make sense but I'm struggling to get it out what I'm thinking :spl:

Edited by CraigRFC

I'm sorry, but your opinion is not looked upon as some accepted wisdom. YOU think it is trivial but I'm sure the guys behind it are of a differing opinion, not to mention the thousands of others who are behind it.

On top of that, I offered a great reason as to where there is achievement, you simply chose to ignore it, again.

The Rangers online support is extremely prone to having certain groups rubbish what others do simply because it is others doing it. The achievement of having EVERY Rangers website pulling together is great. Your saying it is trivial means absolutely nothing other than YOU find it trivial. The fact that people are working together on ANYTHING across the various sites is a step in the right direction.

Lastly, the idea was NEVER to raise funds for anyone, the person who started the ball rolling on facebook tagged in Erskine as a means to raising the profile of that charity. Once the campaign is over the facebook page reverts to being dedicated to promoting any fund raising efforts for Erskine. With over 5000 members now that offers a good chance of revenue being increased at a later date. The campaign to get the best to number 1 grew far larger and far quicker than the originator anticipated and he cannot be blamed for that in the slightest.

The fact I like to look for positives is not a bad thing. I could argue that it is a far healthier mindset for a Rangers fan than that held by someone who goes out of his way to find problems and criticise everyone while doing absolutely nothing himself. I'm far too polite to say that though, and tend to look for the positives in people :flipa:

They were the words I was looking for haha

No one said that, you just read something that wasn't there. ;)

The aim is to raise awareness of things like the Erskine Appeal and support for the troops. I am positive that whilst no funds from buying dowloads will go direct to EA, donations and awareness of the appeal will increase because of this.