Darrell King Exclusive on RFC Tax Issues

Who's actually surprised? The week we win the SPL title, out comes a doomsday story in the Scottish press. Same old game, same old script. I'm not even giving this passing attention.

Thats my general opinion in this matter.

Exactly.

The Tims lose the league - quick, lets create a story out of nothing to deflect criticism that would otherwise be coming their way. Create a bigger story.

I wont pay it any credence. In fact, I am paying little credence to anything that comes out about our finances right now.

Exactly.

The Tims lose the league - quick, lets create a story out of nothing to deflect criticism that would otherwise be coming their way. Create a bigger story.

But Darrell King is not a tim.

In my opinion he's gone from a credible journo with the Times with more than a penchant for all things Rangers, to a gutter hack, corrupted by Radio Clyde and his own desire for the 'latest scoop' even if it means selling out.

Shame, he was one of the good ones not so long ago.

Who's actually surprised? The week we win the SPL title, out comes a doomsday story in the Scottish press. Same old game, same old script. I'm not even giving this passing attention.

I've not read much of it, if any, either tbh.

I thought he was a Hearts fan.... :confused:.

That would be absolutely news to me. If that is true I retract what I said above, to a degree, but I still stand by my belief he's supposed to be a bluenose.

But Darrell King is not a tim.

In my opinion he's gone from a credible journo with the Times with more than a penchant for all things Rangers, to a gutter hack, corrupted by Radio Clyde and his own desire for the 'latest scoop' even if it means selling out.

Shame, he was one of the good ones not so long ago.

He's trying very hard to keep a well paid job right now and will print whatever he thinks will be seen by his bosses as likely to stimulate better sales. Rangers, celtic, who cares - when car, mortgage, holiday and kids schooling need paid, football doesn't even get thought about. And the truth is we'd all do the same.

That would be absolutely news to me. If that is true I retract what I said above, to a degree, but I still stand by my belief he's supposed to be a bluenose.

I've seen him on sportscene results and he isn't proclaiming his love for us, ( he wouldn't be well liked if he was).

Just seen and read this thread and thought I would post something similar to what I posted elsewhere on the same topic.

I have had recent experience of these offshore employee benefit trusts, as I was attending meetings with clients who were interested in setting them up.

Done properly, which I am certain a business the size of Rangers will have done, these tax avoidance schemes are perfectly legal and 100% HMRC proof. They tend to last for a couple of years until HMRC get round to getting legislation passed to close the schemes down, by which time the accountants and laywers have created the next one, and so it goes on.

The one thing I remember being told at the time was that you WILL get an investigation by HMRC, as it is in their interests to ensure you have all the paperwork (and there is plenty of it for these schemes) in proper order, as the slightest error can invalidate the whole process. The firm I was using to set this up for my client had been doing them for 13 years and had won every single HMRC investigation to date, as they are extremely thorough with the paperwork.

In short, this story would only carry any credibility if it came from the business pages and with a source from HMRC that stated our trusts were incorrect. A (discredited) sports reporter trying to tell us about offshore employee benefit trusts is laughable, were he not trying to be serious.

We've all seen through your disgusting tactics Darrell, it remains to be seen just how many of these exclusives have to be wrong before you get your P45, or are your editors happy that at least they are all negative Rangers stories, so who cares about truth and credibility?