Ellis Interest Re-iterated

There isn't any need for Ellis to have spoken to anyone at the club as the dealings would all be at MIH level adn AJ would not necessarily be kept in the loop. However if Ellis was serious then I doubt he would be turning down the opportunity to have a face-to-face with the current chairman.

Sums it up for me.

Surely Ellis would have welcomed the chance to have a chat with Johnston - even in an informal fashion. No reason not to - unless he is desperate to keep his plans completely private.

Pretty sure he'll be as puzzled and disappointed as the rest of us... :)

He's had more, though not uncritical, faith so I'm sure he'll either be more puzzled and disappointed, or will have other info that it would be good to hear.

Edited by bmck

There isn't any need for Ellis to have spoken to anyone at the club as the dealings would all be at MIH level adn AJ would not necessarily be kept in the loop. However if Ellis was serious then I doubt he would be turning down the opportunity to have a face-to-face with the current chairman.

That's the bit in the story that I just don't understand. He does't need to speak with the current chairman or anyone at the club, but surely it would be in your interests to do so, or even just out of common courtesy?

One thing that has been mentioned again is that the bankers are clearly the ones setting the budget for next season and its now been said that even Walter has met with them. So does that mean we can set that contentious point to rest now, the bank is (effectively) running the club?

While not a great believer in the Ellis alleged interest, some points of this "article" test my bullshit level.

1) The journo and I use the word lightly, is britney, a person known for exageration over egging and piss poor reporting in general.

Agreed, although the fact that there were quotes used gave it a bit more credibility that Spiers usually warrants.

2) AJ, Bain and I would hazard the finance director, met with the bank early last week, for whatever reasons. We are now informed in this "article" that WS had a private meeting with said bank after the scheduled directors meeting, I will let you pick the bones out of that one, of course that is if you believe it ever happened.

3) Why did AJ wait till he was safely back in the USA, before giving this "exclusive" to the fannybaws britney. He should have made the statement through the official Rangers website and channels, he is after all our Chairman.

Agreed. The alleged WS meeting seems particularly strange.

4) Seems very very very strange that NL can allegedly get more out of Ellis than AJ can, just a thought.

Not so strange. N_L isn't a threat and isn't in a position to contradict or question anything Ellis says. It's easy for Ellis to put out the message that he's still interested.

ETA..... as an afterthought...what about the statement issued by the RSA confirming Ellis had proven funding, a meeting attended by the Rangers hierarchy, were said hierarchy happy to see that statement released to the plebs, us, whilst having major doubts as to its veracity.

If AJ has been told that proof of funding has been received and been told that it was OK to release that infomation then I doon't think that he is in the position to publicly question the veracity of what he has been told without a shred of proof.

The problem Bluedell is that this article in its own way, does question the truth of that funding.

Perhaps, but it's easy for faceless people on messageboards to question the truth of it, but quite another for the Chairman of Rangers to do it without, as I've said before, any proof. He has to take it at face value at this stage. It doesn't stop others from raising their concerns over it though.

I don't believe it is questioning anymore than two apparently opposing points of view, both of them cannot be right, Either AJ believes Ellis to be a man of substance or a man of straw... which is it.

Or perhaps he has not been able to form an opinion because he has never met or spoken to Ellis? These situations are not just as black or white as you suggest.