Ellis Interest Re-iterated

Guest Flying Hippo

Every fan that's ever claimed to be accepting of mid table finishes if it meant a team of 8 or 9 players under the age of 21, you're going to get your wish as early as 2011

I'm still more interested in why we seem to be no closer to a 'deal' with the bank and a 'deal' with Walter Smith...

Situation is beyond parody now. :mad:

Agreed. It's a joke. I still fail to see why the directors of the club are only meeting with the bnak now. Why was it not tied down months ago? Are they unable to budget based on some simple outcomes based on CL or no CL, and the level of season ticket uptake?

Many companies work on a much more complicated budgeting model and I can't understand why the club were not insisting on getting the bank's agreement on everything months ago, therefore ensuring that everyonne knew where they stood.

It's also frustrating that the directors did not reveal that the business plan in place only covered the period of 6 months.

AJ's statement that "we reached an agreement with the bank that extends through the end of 2010" is misleading at best.

His statement that "the bank has agreed that the Club's only obligation is to operate within a credit facility that reduces by �£1 million per year" appears inaccurate given that they are now saying that nothing can be done over the summer without meeting the bank and getting their approval.

The more things change...... :(

from the ET:

Ellis’s spokesman, David Gilmour, today refused to respond to Johnston’s comments, stating: “There will be an indication in the next few days – apart from that, I am not allowed to comment.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks-ignore/rangers-chairman-sceptical-about-ellis-takeover-bid-1.1028614

Or perhaps he has not been able to form an opinion because he has never met or spoken to Ellis? These situations are not just as black or white as you suggest.

You are right there, an election has come and gone, parties have settled their differences in"the national interest", whatever the fuk that means, and still we Rangers are no further forward......amateurish doesn't even begin to describe it, never mind black ans white...

Guest Northampton_loyalist

Before I start, these are Ellis' words, not mine. If they are not good or make you happy, it is nothing to do with me either way, I asked him for a comment and he phoned back within minutes.

Buying a club is not a simple matter, there has been thousands spent on the process to date, countless meetings ironing out details and they have been taking it slow and steady, making sure everything is right.

Does not have a clue where the comments from AJ come from. there have been no meetings scheduled and no calls between them. Ellis has read the paper and got a phone call today apologising from 'someone well known up the road'. 'you have my number, no end of journalists have my number, I have no idea where this story has come from'

'I dont go online or keep up to date with it, there are obviously camps involved and clearly certain people are behind certain camps, we are concentrating on putting the deal together'

'I dont want to put a time scale on it, it only pisses people off if you miss it'

He gave a few hints that things will not be much longer but nothing concrete and nothing other than from what I picked up.

Again, these are his words, not mine, I cant and wont decide for anyone what they need to think and never have done. All I can say is once again he came across very well, very much down to earth and 'human'. Everything he said is positive, but by that token, it is exactly what he would say if the stories about him are true.

I was not going to post this, it muddies the water somewhat and I expect an arguement now over AJ vs Ellis etc but after calling for people to share what they know rather than drop snippets I didnt think it was fair. You know what I know, believe it or not and while the quotes are probably not exact word for word accurate, they are 100% in the vein they were heard.

Take it or leave it.

Fuk me I do not believe I am reading this, but I did. The chairmen of Rangers cannot get a ragman;s fart out of Ellis, yet a poster on an internet board just picks up the phone and has a heart to heart, some of us didn't come up the Clyde on a water biscuit, but apparently others did.