Ellis Interest Re-iterated

From Football 365.

Property developer Andrew Ellis is optimistic he will move closer to completing a takeover at Rangers this month, according to Sky Sports News.

Rangers have secured the SPL title this season despite having to cope with a perilous financial situation.

Manager Walter Smith has been unable to buy a new player for nearly two years and has been working without a contract since January.

But Sir David Murray has been in talks with Ellis regarding a buy-out and the businessman has now launched a �£33million takeover bid.

Ellis hopes to convince Smith to remain at Ibrox, while it is also understood that he aims to reinvest in the squad over the summer after wiping out the club's debt.

"The bid includes all the club's debt and I'm optimistic there will be serious developments in the next three to four weeks," Ellis told Sky Sports News.

"Should I gain control if the club I intend to offer Walter a new contract as his experience and knowledge is invaluable both to me and the club.

"It is only fitting that former chairman Sir David Murray should be offered the role of life president as what he has done for the club can never be forgotten."

Who actually knows anything about Ellis ... or his intentions for the club? What exactly is his motivation - it's a hell of a lot of money not to have one. While the status quo isn't much of an option, it does concern me a little that there still hasn't been any real information on which to judge anything about Ellis. I'm glad something is happening but I'll keep my powder dry as far as Ellis is concerned until there is actually some basis for taking an opinion.

As for Murray being president, ffs can't that bastard just go?

From the little that I have heard, Ellis was always SDM's prefered option and Ellis has two people (one from London and other from Belfast) backing him. The suspision is that SDM prefers Ellis as he will still have a few fingers in a few pies if/when Ellis takes over.

SDM's lapdogs in the media are using the 'its the stock market regulations' that are stopping any news about the takeover and the likely future investments from being discussed in the open.

Personally, I dispise SDM so much that I would welcome any change, so news that this deal is 'on the move' is welcome but with the knowledge that SDM *may' still be involved is stopping me from being in the least bit positive over this deal.

I hope what I have learned is incorrect, but SDM is a devious individual and nothing would surprise me

Cammy F - Mixed Feelings Loyal RSC

Murray for life President , hmmmmm is Murray actually going mental and he has developed a split personality called Ellis , just when you thought it couldn't get any worse .

If Ellis had his finger on the pulse of this clubs support he would never I repeat never have come out with the statement about Murray , like others I smell shite , maybe a final attempt to flush out King ,Park and Paul Murray

good bit of pr announcing it right before the old firm game. hope to god this goes through. I cant taking the media b/shit speculation anymore.

Can I just ask why is everyone so desperate for a guy who no one knows anything about or how much money he has to take our club over . He hhas never broken cover , never spoken about his plans and then to cap it all makes possibly the biggest faux pas possible re Murray

Guest Flying Hippo
n to cap it all makes possibly the biggest faux pas possible re Murray

I know numerous fans who still think Murray is a legend and won't hear anything said against him. They aren't a tiny minority either. Have to remember that the regular internet posters do not make up the majority of our fanbase

I know numerous fans who still think Murray is a legend and won't hear anything said against him. They aren't a tiny minority either. Have to remember that the regular internet posters do not make up the majority of our fanbase

I agree there are plenty who refuse to see anything bad in the man , but 100's of years ago people thought the earth was flat , doesn't make it so .:):)