Wilson rejects �£12,000?

I'm seeing reports Wilson has rejected an astonishing wage for an 18 year old of a rise in line with first team regulars. Way more than I thought he would or should have been offered, yet he's apparently rejecting it to join Liverpool.

Either he's getting astonishingly bad advice, or he absolutely hates playing for Rangers.

�£12K p/week should have been ample for the lad to sign on for another few years but that figure is only paper talk while rumours suggest he wasn't even offered half of that.

I think the lad enjoys playing at Rangers but is ambitious and wants to take the chance to move on while it is there.

That is frustrating and disappointing but we can replace him easily enough and for �£4million all in, it isn't a bad move for us either.

�£12K p/week should have been ample for the lad to sign on for another few years but that figure is only paper talk while rumours suggest he wasn't even offered half of that.

I'd say he's worth �£7,000 currently with an increase in time.

I think the lad enjoys playing at Rangers but is ambitious and wants to take the chance to move on while it is there.

Does this beg the question of Liverpool being a bigger club than Rangers? Or is it the EPL, in which case why isn't he going to Spurs who are in the CL too.

That is frustrating and disappointing but we can replace him easily enough and for �£4million all in, it isn't a bad move for us either.

�£4M is a good amount, I agree - and from our point of view we've done worse deals. I guess I'm just wondering why a player of his age is so quick to take a gamble and go 'up in the world' rather than spending more time learning his trade here.

�£7K plus bonuses is more than enough but if he sees it differently and can make more elsewhere then so be it.

Liverpool are struggling defensively and while they don't have CL football next season, he probably thinks they're more likely to regain and retain it in future years compared to Spurs.

Like you, I'm surprised he doesn't fancy a new contract here but life is short and uncertainty remains at Rangers. There isn't much incentive for any player to stay right now.

I've no idea why he is considering Liverpool, not entirely sure if Rafa is going to be in a job for a start.

�£12k for an 18 year old in our situation would piss off a lot of our current players who are under contract. Not entirely sure its justified either, infact it isn't.

I have a feeling his agent is pushing him towards the EPL, so he can get a bigger pay day himself :P,

No way would Rangers have offered that. Anyone above 10k they're trying to flog!

He's a daft boy if he does decide to sign for Liverpool rather than improve his game with 1st team football up here at least for another season or two.

Does this beg the question of Liverpool being a bigger club than Rangers? Or is it the EPL, in which case why isn't he going to Spurs who are in the CL too.

Are Spurs interested in him?

One of the guys in my work is best mates with a St Johnstone player , he was at the SPFA awards and was told that Wilson was on �£400 a week and had only been offered �£800 . Now the guy has no reason to lie , he's best mates with this player and in fact will be his best man , he's also a rangers fan though not a very clued up one , personally I think it's rubbish , however you never know

One of the guys in my work is best mates with a St Johnstone player , he was at the SPFA awards and was told that Wilson was on �£400 a week and had only been offered �£800 . Now the guy has no reason to lie , he's best mates with this player and in fact will be his best man , he's also a rangers fan though not a very clued up one , personally I think it's rubbish , however you never know

�£800 p/w is a tad harsh considering how well he has played for us this season. Liverpool will probably offer him in the region of �£10k p/w where he'll play in the reserves then be sold to Hull or Burnley and slowly but surely fade away into obscurity.