As confirmed in the minute, the chairman has not been involved in the Ellis negotiations at this stage.

That, in itself is somewhat disappointing but until Ellis decides to move forward, not altogether surprising.

Obviously, by agreeing to the published minute, Muir and MIH have confirmed the proof-of-funding anyway. OK, that doesn't carry the same weight as an announcement on the Rangers website (or PLUS) but given the club chairman and Donald Muir were present and would have had to approve the minutes, the state of play seems genuine enough.

Unfortunately, we just don't know if the bid per se is genuine - both in terms of an actual offer and the plans within it.

Surely "proof" of funding goes a long way to confirming the authenticity of any bid..........unless of course you are buying something you already own......in a firesale at a knockdown price minus certain responsibilities to cross gaurantees, which appear to have been unholy smoke and a complete misunderstanding of a company that we are now informed is "stand alone" has no ties to any of Minty's other creative holdings....aye right..:whistle:

Like I say we can all speculate but, without the facts, we only run the risk of looking daft at some point down the line.

Frankie, in case you hadn't noticed we are looking daft right now, we get the pish ripped out of us from all sides, club, press, general media with pish stories not anywhere near reality.

I liked your idea of consensus and a common goal, why don't you start the ball rolling by asking admin from all Rangers sites to join together in asking very publicly, for a very public statement from the club on our present position and time scales. A lot of people me included Frankie, have faith in your measured approach, I know as do many others you wouldn't and won't let us down. :thup:

You're probably right, our club does look daft and is easy meat for those who wish to prey on the juicy titbits thrown by some.

Unfortunately, I think every unofficial site has been vocal enough on the subject and I doubt any joint statements would result in any further comment from the club. We've all consistently asked for clarity (not just from the club either) and have largely been ignored - deliberately or otherwise. A few wee websites asking for more are easily swatted aside when fan groups have been satisfied and season books are renewed regardless.

If the club's version of events is to be challenged then, while I thank you for your faith, then more suitable people than me have to step up to the plate. In saying that, as indicated to N_L yesterday, I'm more than happy to assist where necessary.

:)

Maybe you should read the assembly statement particularily the first sentence, maybe AJ was out for a piss when it was announced, maybe not.

I'm sure AJ has been told that it's there, but as I said, there's no reason why he should have seen it given he is not involved in the negotiations. His part comes later.

It's not his place to comment on the affairs of MIH.

Seems to me that a boycott of season tickets could be used to call Lloyds' bluff. If their cuts are so bad then we're not going to be able to compete next season. Maybe that's the time to challenge Lloyds to play ball or put us into administration. We've not much to lose with the points penalty as we'd be handicapped anyway, except we can then offer them 20p in the pound for the debt to be paid in full.

That would allow the fans to by the club for about �£10M... Well worthy of an investment, as within a few years those shares could be worth three or four times as much...

I know it's not that easy but it does seem like Lloyds are bluffing and could end up with egg on their face with a lot less money paid back. I don't think they are in as strong a position as they try to portray and could be pushing Rangers to a point where administration is a far worse scenario for them than it is for us...

I may be well off the mark but that's just a layman's view.

I'm sure AJ has been told that it's there, but as I said, there's no reason why he should have seen it given he is not involved in the negotiations. His part comes later.

It's not his place to comment on the affairs of MIH.

I do believe you are prevaricating.... :giruy:

Seems to me that a boycott of season tickets could be used to call Lloyds' bluff. If their cuts are so bad then we're not going to be able to compete next season. Maybe that's the time to challenge Lloyds to play ball or put us into administration. We've not much to lose with the points penalty as we'd be handicapped anyway, except we can then offer them 20p in the pound for the debt to be paid in full.

That would allow the fans to by the club for about �£10M... Well worthy of an investment, as within a few years those shares could be worth three or four times as much...

I know it's not that easy but it does seem like Lloyds are bluffing and could end up with egg on their face with a lot less money paid back. I don't think they are in as strong a position as they try to portray and could be pushing Rangers to a point where administration is a far worse scenario for them than it is for us...

I may be well off the mark but that's just a layman's view.

The thing is Cal that as of this moment in time nobody amongst us mere mortals actually has any proof that the bank are going to shaft the club, but that's exactly what banks do when anyone thinks they can play hard ball with them. As soon as you go toe to toe with a bank they'll shaft you without blinking simply by cutting their losses an leaving you screwed. Lloyds don't really need Rangers. The money we owe them isn't really all that significant, but it's a lot to Rangers and the same can't be said the other way because unfortunately Rangers DO need Lloyds.... Until that changes, the club need to keep them sweet.