What can the fans do to save Rangers.

While we are all sitting discussing Ellis, king and Douglas not making any kind of move for Rangers, we have failed to notice that all fan groups also seem to have shut up shop. What has happened to the RST and the Assembly who were going to lead us to fan ownership. Apart from a few appearances by David Edgar giving his opinion on telly, all has gone quiet on the supporters front.

We are all moaning about the long barren summer and a total lack of cash but now is the perfect opportunity to see how much support we can give our club. This does not all have to be money related although that is obviously the main goal. We could also be putting into place an idea bank where people can come up with ideas on how we can bring money into a help Rangers campaign.

Obviously an Independent central bank account run by trusted supporters or possibly a Rangers Director where donations could be made. The Rangers Supporters fund?

Build a name bank of companies who would possibly donate larger sums of money or become a club sponsor.

A team to approach such companies and the club

Organise a pop concert at Ibrox with hopefully the Rangers minded pop stars donating their time as a donation.

A celebrity football match where celebrities can pay a fee to play against the first team

A Benefit night.

I am sure other people must have other ideas. I, in no way think we can ever get the 30million together to free the noose around our clubs neck, but sometimes action from a small fish prompts action from a big fish.

We need a group of supporters to stand up and take the lead. The RST,the Assembly and other supporters groups should be pulling all supporters together not filling their own agenda's.

We need someone to stand up and get all the supporters pushing in one direction instead of pushing against each other.

We can all be frustrated by Ellis, King and Douglas but we also have to look in the mirror and ask if we are doing enough as supporters. Some of that frustration must be aimed at our supporter groups and the lack of leadership. We are in desperate need for a new leader or leaders to pull all the fans together and start putting up a fight.

Surely we can all do something to help. Even a tree starts small and grows but it has to be planted first.

Ive renewed my season ticket and got the confirmation this morning! is that a start :)

Like most of you on the forum, its yet to be set in stone where this football club is going and where we could end up and yes alot of us have renewed our season tickets and are completely in the dark to where our money is going! ( well other than the bank holding it) its a very worrying time for us all, and yes patience is just about running thin with alot of the supporters! but i quess we will just have to play the waiting game and see what happens.

Edited by Gers4Life

I'm rather surprised at the complete lack of work by any of the fan groups on this subject.

We can only hope they are doing stuff quietly in the background to help organise some sort of awareness drive.

Yip, it's a shame we don't see more of these kind of suggestions across the community with those able to act on them doing so...

:)

It is. Though I guess part of the problem is that someone has to take the money, and decide how it's going to be used. I wouldn't give my money to the RST. I would honestly be more willing to support a club-run initiative that guarenteed to put every penny raised into players, if enough was raised, or something tangible like paying for some youth thing. Of course, a club run thing just looks like revenue generating, whereas if fans done it independently it would be more easy to get involved, feeling like you were doing something novel. It's just a question of who'll take the lead.

Personally I think you should do it Frankie.

A club run initiative would be better as more fans may be more inclined to back something 'official'...

Of course, many fans wouldn't want to do that as they may just see the money swallowed up. Meanwhile, a fan-led initiative would heighten awareness of the issue, get people involved and further our credibility as people who should be represented at board level.

I'll have a few thoughts while I'm on holiday next week mate but, as said before, I don't think I have the qualities or the profile to lead such a project. I'm more than willing to assist though.

:)

I dunno mate, you have the right sort of temperament. You just need to work your charm and get a few high profile backers. I'd back you, so that's one :)

Although, if it doesn't work out, maineflyer said on the politics thread that he owned a company. That's something like the credentials. Let's have a Gersnet-led takeover attempt. :D

Edited by bmck

I certainly think you have the qualities Frankie and certainly connections that very few have. No way should we be pushing you down a road you don't want to go though. When you stick your neck out it is you who will be taking the glory or the fall, we will still be faceless people behind the computer. If you do not want to take the lead maybe you can contact the people you feel are capable of taking the lead and start some kind of ripple that could grow into a wave.

To be honest i am more frustrated by the lack of action from supporters groups than i am about Ellis.

Obviously for this to be a success we would have to involve all groups across the board and get them all onside.

United we stand. divided we fall.

If you want to play a roll Frankie then the first job would be trying to get all the supporters groups to back such a scheme.

Personally i think a supporters initiative which is known to be working with or linked to the Rangers board would give us the best chance of success.

How about a campaign something like Glasgow Rangers- work in progress(or something like) and try and get through all different initiatives a reasonable amount of money. (Is a million too much to hope for?)

Am i just dreaming? Unfortunately i am not academically or geographically in a position to push this myself but surely we can all unite to do something. We have to begin the fight before it is too late.

Even if people are only donating a small amount of money(All they can afford) It may make a difference and it will certainly pull us together as a support and give a feeling of at least i done my best for my club.

It is. Though I guess part of the problem is that someone has to take the money, and decide how it's going to be used. I wouldn't give my money to the RST. I would honestly be more willing to support a club-run initiative that guarenteed to put every penny raised into players, if enough was raised, or something tangible like paying for some youth thing. Of course, a club run thing just looks like revenue generating, whereas if fans done it independently it would be more easy to get involved, feeling like you were doing something novel. It's just a question of who'll take the lead.

Personally I think you should do it Frankie.

Too be honest Barry i would prefer if the supporters could fight the debt and free the clubs hands to buy players. As long as the club live within their means the debt can only come down. Buying players with the supporters money would probably be pissing in the wind