Guest BdTS

Last week I decided to take a step back, I was becoming concerned that FF and some journalists were smearing Ellis without any real reason.

I spoke with someone on the issue and came to understand why they were of the opinion they are, but I'm swaying back to keeping an open mind on Ellis.

The charges levied against Dave King today are/were very serious, and basically call into question his entire way of working.

As I've said before, If you remove the Rangers scarf from Dave King's neck, there is more reason to be sceptical of him than there is of Ellis.

At the end of the day we are still no further on than we were 4 months ago and paper speculation is just that,speculation.If we went by every story in the papers the club could have been sold 3 times and in administration the same.Nobody except SDM/Muir no what is happening and will only say when it suits them.So I think it is just better to switch of carry and let it happen.

BdTS:

As I've consistently said, I don't think it is as simple a case of backing one over the other. Everyone will have their pros and their cons and until we see some genuine action/plans from those who want to buy, we are limited as to our judgement - no matter what those of us with sources may have been told (in good faith or otherwise).

Everyone should be keeping an open mind and even if Ellis (or King) does buy the club, that doesn't automatically make them our saviour.

As fans we need to do more to ensure we are part of the future administration of the club. The current board have been at pains to make clear how important our season ticket money and loyalty are. Time for them to acknowledge this in a more formal manner.

BdTS:

As I've consistently said, I don't think it is as simple a case of backing one over the other. Everyone will have their pros and their cons and until we see some genuine action/plans from those who want to buy, we are limited as to our judgement - no matter what those of us with sources may have been told (in good faith or otherwise).

Everyone should be keeping an open mind and even if Ellis (or King) does buy the club, that doesn't automatically make them our saviour.

As fans we need to do more to ensure we are part of the future administration of the club. The current board have been at pains to make clear how important our season ticket money and loyalty are. Time for them to acknowledge this in a more formal manner.

I think the lack of clarity and communication throughout this affair and to be honest Murray's tenure has proven that the fans need to be involved in the future running of the club.

I think the lack of clarity and communication throughout this affair and to be honest Murray's tenure has proven that the fans need to be involved in the future running of the club.

I think that's a fair assessment but if we're being honest, we perhaps lack a body capable of providing the unity and leadership required to deliver a candidate suitable for representing us.

All the more reason for the Assembly and it's constituent parts to be far more pro-active in reaching out to fans to see just what is possible.

The ownership/finance debate is one that should see such action but it hasn't happened yet. That worries me... :(

The fans have a bigger say at the moment than anyone, or they had, until thousands bought their ST. It always comes back to the same thing, someone able to draw the various fans groups, supporter clubs, individuals together.

The fans have a bigger say at the moment than anyone, or they had, until thousands bought their ST. It always comes back to the same thing, someone able to draw the various fans groups, supporter clubs, individuals together.

But the fan groups are together - or so they say.

The Assembly have a positive working relationship with the Trust and the Association - while NARSA, ORSA and various RSCs are also represented.

Yet I still see hardly any information about their work filtering out - never mind initiatives that they may be interested in starting. The Assembly have their own website/forum but they don't even take part in the debates there. Meanwhile, the Trust appear totally hidden from view other than a few less than constructive board members on FF... :(

There's no doubt that there is some uncertainty with regard to the club's future which contributes to this. However, that doesn't mean we can work on together and bring in fans to the table for debate.

Do that and any message we offer to the club - along with our season ticket money - is much more credible.

What I cannot fathom out is why the sudden change and also why the total desperation it seems for lloyds to get their money back asap , for a club that could easily trade it's way out of trouble now that we at long last seem to be getting to grips with our costs , and given that we had a 20 year plan to remove the bulk of the debt , I still cannot fathom out why we are going down the route that we are , unless Murray is using the bank as a way of getting rid of the club , without him being blamed , who knows.

What I cannot fathom out is why the sudden change and also why the total desperation it seems for lloyds to get their money back asap

This irks me too. I'm not big on business, but it seems like the reason institutions are so rich is because they have sufficient money behind them to bide their time and make money over the long term. There seems to me no sensible reason why they'd want to drain the club. And, perhaps more interestingly, they've never actually said it. We don't know the original business plan, we don't know the panicked revision - we don't even know really whether this is real. Your Murray explanation is one, but there seem to be a million others. Some people have an interest in the fans hating Lloyds, and Lloyds have seem to play down their role at every stage, probably cause they have an interest in not being the baddies in the whole affair.

But your point is 100% right. Why the desperation for the money back? Does this desperation even actually exist?