Rangers FC no longer for sale

Guest TheQueensXI

Im pleased that we are not being sold to Ellis and his mystery consortium - id rather know who was in charge than some faceless group operating from the Channel Islands - but again id rather the club did have a new owner and we could move forward.

If anything it will give us peace from the constant rumours and so on the media have been feeding us regarding it.

I agree with you Ian it was total mismanagement but i think the retraction of the Sky deal caused the biggest upset. As long as we were getting a large amount from them we were able to service the debt. When that disappeared from 48mill to 8 mill(SPL) then things started to go wrong.

To be honest i am worried what Ellis dug up in the mismanagement stakes that made a takeover so difficult. I don't believe it was in the price, it took too long for that. I believe there were too many hidden skeletons and snakes in the cupboard. I honestly believe that. God help us in the future maybe we are no where near the bottom of the pit.

Of course Pete,you are correct on the sky deal ect, but SDM has to take the ultimate responsibilty in this shambles,ok even if he just got it wrong,bad judgement or whatever, this whole take over crap is nothing short of embarassing, so no doubt he will come out now and tell us all that everything will be ok,the Ellis deal wasn't right for Rangers blah blah blah. The guy is playing the Rangers fans like puppets on a string and doesn't really give a fluing fuck what we think as long as we keep renewing ST and turning up on match days spending even more of our hard earned cash supporting the team we love and lining his pockets at the same time!!!!

No matter who was to run our club should it be a billionaire and want to spend unlimited money some of the people on here still wouldnt be happy.They would still find fault , remember the grass isnt always greener on the other side

Im pleased that we are not being sold to Ellis and his mystery consortium - id rather know who was in charge than some faceless group operating from the Channel Islands - but again id rather the club did have a new owner and we could move forward.

If anything it will give us peace from the constant rumours and so on the media have been feeding us regarding it.

I'm also glad Ellisand his '' consortium '' are not taken over,simply because no-one knows feck all about him

Guest TheQueensXI
I'm also glad Ellisand his '' consortium '' are not taken over,simply because no-one knows feck all about him

Exactly. Ellis fine, we know all about him but the real money men behind the bid are not known by anyone and that always concerned me.

Lets hope the club is sold in time to someone who can take us forward.

No matter who was to run our club should it be a billionaire and want to spend unlimited money some of the people on here still wouldnt be happy.They would still find fault , remember the grass isnt always greener on the other side

Aye very good,you just keep your head firmly buried in the sand,FYI there are guys on here who could probably run the club better or at least not any worse!!

I fear if we continue to succeed domestically, Murray reappointing himself as chairman. Johnston is a funny character as well he was appointed to find a new chairman, now that the club is off the market what will he be doing now? Will he just be in the US all the time and leave everything to Martin Bain? I have no problem with Bain now as he seems to have grown into the role very well and has been saying the correct things since Murray left.

Just another post I made on another forum

Some of us here have said all along (like, from square one!) that the Ellis deal would come to nothing and it appears that it's come to nothing..........

As for SDM: To be perfectly honest, I'm actually pleased that he's apparently taken the club off the market simply because I was never happy about the idea of it being sold to Ellis. That's it.

My "that's me believing in SDM....." comment was clearly a joke for those who cannot detect online sarcasm ;)

Aye,good one:), apologies to anyone for my ranting, just pissed off and slightly bevvied after a wee afternoon sesh :drink: