If Boyd goes to Birmingham he'll be lucky to score more than 5 goals.

Or to put another spin on it; it's one thing doing it in the SPL, quite another doing it in the Premiership. Steven Fletcher proved he's a much better player than many of us realised by scoring, what, 15 goals for a relegated side.

Would Boyd get close to the same tally in the EPL? In fact, would he get close to it in the Championship?

So Kris Boyd wasn't wanting stability at Ibrox, he simply wanted more money? Money really is the root of the majority of society's problems; I'm not so much surprised at this, more amazed that Walter has gone so extraordinarily public about it.

He's literally said 'he wants more money'.

btw, we will cope without Kris Boyd. Better players have left us in the past.

Would he really be getting more stability at Ibrox ? Why ? Because Smith, McCoist & McDowall re-signed ? What about the club's financial condition ?

I don't think signing with Rangers is stable as of yet - possibly very slightly more stable having the same manager - but having the same manager isnt more stable if the club were to go under - which it won't, but you get my drift ?

Would he really be getting more stability at Ibrox ? Why ? Because Smith, McCoist & McDowall re-signed ? What about the club's financial condition ?

I don't think signing with Rangers is stable as of yet - possibly very slightly more stable having the same manager - but having the same manager isnt more stable if the club were to go under - which it won't, but you get my drift ?

You missed my point. I thought club stability was the sole reason for him delaying signing. Now we see it's money and nowt else.

You missed my point. I thought club stability was the sole reason for him delaying signing. Now we see it's money and nowt else.

I thought he said it was ONE of the reasons, a major one - but not the only one.

Could be wrong.

I think it's fair to say, whatever the reasons, WS has cannily positioned it as being about money. He'll know a big part of the charity shown to KB for what he lacks is that he's portrayed himself as a Rangers man. I'd personally keep him regardless. I show charity for what he lacks because all the rest of it makes up for it, but even then I liked that he was a Rangers man. Now that WS has said this, KB can either be a Rangers man and re-sign, or not, resign and go for the money. There is no easy way out for him, as with instability, where he gets to be both. There's nout wrong with moving on for money, or to try something new though.

I thought he said it was ONE of the reasons, a major one - but not the only one.

Could be wrong.

You're spot on, Walter Smith's future was the other reason.

So Boyd's been lying out his arse?

I think it's fair to say, whatever the reasons, WS has cannily positioned it as being about money. He'll know a big part of the charity shown to KB for what he lacks is that he's portrayed himself as a Rangers man. I'd personally keep him regardless. I show charity for what he lacks because all the rest of it makes up for it, but even then I liked that he was a Rangers man. Now that WS has said this, KB can either be a Rangers man and re-sign, or not, resign and go for the money. There is no easy way out for him, as with instability, where he gets to be both. There's nout wrong with moving on for money, or to try something new though.

tbh it's just another Cuellar Boumsong really - a player who has bullshitted the fans with 'die hard Ranjurs froo an' froo' aspirations but when the chance to leave has arisen he's taken it.

I really should be getting used to it by now, it happens that often.

I don't even hold it against Boyd as he's by no means the first mercenary to go where the money and glitz is. But I've had a sour taste in my mouth ever since his postulating to the press in January where he seemed to consider his future as being the most important issue facing the club, and appeared to be holding us to ransom.

He doesn't come across, to me, as big a die hard faithful Ranjur as perhaps we were led to believe.

I don't even hold it against Boyd as he's by no means the first mercenary to go where the money and glitz is.

This is the part that annoys me. How many Old Firm players have moved on to the Premiership and actually established themselves in a successful team? Cuellar and Petrov at Villa stick out, if you consider Europa League qualification 'glitz'.. but it's when people like Cousin leave to go to Hull (the 2nd worst place to live in the UK, apparently) for the supposed 'lure of the Premiership' whereas the real reason anyone moves south is because of money and the slender chance of using it as a stepping stone to get noticed by someone bigger. And until the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea start bidding for Rangers and Celtic players, that theory will remain.

I find it hard to believe that many. if ANY. of us wouldnt do the very same thing.

It is all very well to be posturing from the moral high ground when not in the same position - but would we honestly not consider leaving a financially unstable club in trouble for a league which is one of, if not THE, best league in the world where the riches on offer are astronomical ?

A footballer's career is a short one and unless they are a "Neil Murray" (only example I can think of quickly of someone who has an education behind him - there will be many more) then they may not have a great deal to fall back on post-career.

Boyd leaving does not mean he is not a Rangers man. It could just as easily be that he merely wants to make as much money as he can, in a short career, to take care of his family.

Further, how do we seriously know that he has been lying ? How do we know that he didnt actually consider Smith's future as being pivotal to him ? Smith is staying one year whilst Boyd's contract offer was for one. What if he doesnt fancy playing for McCoist ? Then he signs a 3 yr contract but only gets to play for Smith for one ?

What if circumstances have simply changed since he stated his reasons for waiting ? People arent allowed to change their minds ?

People, especially Rangers-supporting Rangers players, have to blindly show loyalty to the club ? So Novo should have taken the reputed pay-cut just because he is a "Ranger" ? how ironic that we will gladly cut the wee man some slack because his reason for leaving is that he needed more starts - who is to say that his reason wasn't also because he simply wanted more money ? Yet Novo has been given an incredible amount of slack (I happen to believe him but it doesnt mean it isnt plausible that his reasons were not as sincere as that....) yet Boyd is lambasted as being a liar and a turncoat of sorts.

Oh how ironic.... perhaps even hypocritical.

If he wants to leave then fair enough - if we want to look at reasons why or people to apportion blame at we should be looking at those who waited till far too late in his contract before sorting it out - or our custodian who got us into the financial mire we find ourselves in.