Summer 2010 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest Guivarc'h
I heard that Pienaar only has a year left on his contract so I think they could cash in on him before Arteta. �£5m for Davis though, not good enough imo.

The fee is irrelevant really. I find it funny when fans saying things like "8 million for Bougie and it's a deal" as if they somehow believe that the higher the fee, the more Walter will get to see of it. We won't spend a penny of any money we get for Davis or Bougie so selling them is pointless

The fee's never irrelevant though, not only does it mean more money going in to the club, but the higher the fee, the bigger the chance (however remote) that some of that money will get invested in the team.

Guest Guivarc'h

It won't happen though. The budget was agreed before we sold anyone and Walter has confirmed that despite the �£4 million recouped for Wilson and Thomson, he still has very little to spend. If we sell Bougie, we'll bring in Goncalves for free or this fella Reda Johnson for about �£200,000. If we sell Davis, we might agree to pay Eagles the wages he wanted. Not worth it.

What's strange is that we seem to be seriously interested in Georgie Welcome and Nikica Jelavic. Both play up front and Jelavic is going to cost 2-3M by the look of things. Does this mean we're looking at another season with Naismith and Lafferty being asked to play the wide role again? I hope not.

I'm yet to be convinced that Lafferty, Naismith or Fleck would be the answer up front - however, they have also shown they can't do the wide role. The question is, where do we play them?

I agree there is no point in flogging a dead horse with them on the wings and so we should be prioritising those positions for new acquisitions. The trouble seems to be that according to Walter, those are the most expensive players for the quality we're looking for.

I think if we sign Jelavic, Lafferty may be sold...

Just a gut feeling?

I wouldn't be sad to see Lafferty go. He has suffered from the fee we paid for him and has not and probably will not nail down a first team place.

For the life of me I can't think of anyone wanting to buy him.