I really wish some could put positives ideas across as well as the way they debate this topic in general . Seriously there are some very intelligent guys on this board and must have some very relevant ideas , come on guys dont be scared get thinking

It's not ideas we're short of but the ability to select the right ones and put them into effect. The RST hasn't been short of talking but that hasn't led it to the the point of achievement - and what is the point if achievement is placed second in line to personal recognition by those whose responsibility it's supposed to be to deliver it?

It's not ideas we're short of but the ability to select the right ones and put them into effect. The RST hasn't been short of talking but that hasn't led it to the the point of achievement - and what is the point if achievement is placed second in line to personal recognition by those whose responsibility it's supposed to be to deliver it?

This is turning into a chicken and egg thing , at some point either we all just walk away or else we galvanise under a newly elected board and move on , how that happens I dont know

Who are all these people seeking 'personal recognition'?

Just as a matter of order Mainflyer, if the board of the RST do resign, will your name be the first on the list to be part of the board who will have better ideas. Mostly the biggest bugles contain the most wind.

So, more of the same to come then. Seriously, while I understand it was a founding objective, I'd now be setting my sights higher than a seat on the board. Above all else I'd want to see the Trust recover some respect among the support and really start to grow the membership, without which there's no credibility in the first place. To do that it's essential to draw a line in the sand and make a fresh start, which would allow you to leave behind some of the debilitating baggage of the last few years. In the process you get a chance to re-introduce some of the democracy that has been missing for years, clear out some of your undoubtedly dead wood and attract some of the talent that wouldn't touch the current RST with a bargepole.

Or, of course, you could just keep rolling along because it, convenient and comfortable to do so ... And UCB can keep complaining every time someone wants something better than he's offering.:)

Jeezo MF, that's almost a constructive post.:spl:

Escrow account valid for 10 weeks, money can be removed from that account by payee on demand, interest on that account to charity. Account total updated and published daily on Rangers boards.

10 weeks is more than enough, with the neccessary publicity in national newspapers and media, to ascertain the financial appetite for fan involvement.

If a positive response move on creating hard accounts and viable investment avenues, if nay we carry on as we are....at least we will have tested the waters.

We must stop relying on and hoping others will do what we require to do ourselves....i.e. sugar daddies.

Edited by wabashcannonball

Frankie , you will know more than anyone how personnal ambition comes before the good of the club , the night that MD and co produced their coup and managed to oust the existing board of the RST showed it is all about self and not the greater good .

When I first acme on here one of the first people I argued long and hard with was Maineflyer about this very subject , however after attending RST agm's and seeing what is not happening f I can only agree with him . As much as I hate to say this the RST needs a total overhaul right from the very top and they need to get in a visible figurehead , even an ex-player such as Numan ( just from the top of my head ), otherwise they will only die a very slow death and schemes such as the excellent gersave will die with them.

I find the whole GerSave thing a bit strange.

Sure, it was never perfect - pricing wasn't ideal to begin with and obviously people either didn't trust the Trust (or more likely the club) with their investment. But apart from its launch year, I've never seen the initiative promoted or even mentioned again by the organisation. As such, despite raising over �£100K (although second tranche is yet to be submitted to club) the scheme hasn't been as successful as we'd all have hoped.

I know other clubs were interested in the format and I know the hard work and finance that went into setting it up but it now seems completely off the radar. I'd also have thought it could be amended to provide a method of a membership scheme and/or ownership attempt.

Now, promotion costs money while legal/advisor fees for amendment cost even more but in all the time the Trust are quoted in the media, on the radio, in online debate and in their relationship with other groups, GerSave is hardly ever mentioned (if at all). Why is that?

Sounds like a decent idea to me Wabash.

I don't know much (anything!) about such accounts though. Who would administrate it?

Easy enough to get an independent accountant or lawyer to look after it.

However I'm sure this isn't a million miles away from something that the Trust have been looking at over the past 6 months, and is also similar to other schemes that were not fully pursued.

Okay Maineflyer, have we succeeded in getting supporter representation at Board level - no. Have we succeeded in getting fans ownership of the club - no. In that respect then we have failed. I do think that via Gerspride and more recent developments we have at least got fans ownership on the agenda for a lot more people and it's up to us to follow that up. FWIW, UCB has actually made a significant difference to how we operate although that might not be apparent for a little while longer. We are not in a position like the Manchester United Trust or the Newcastle and Liverpool fans where their owner are hated by the vast majority of fans. We still have a significant amount of fans who still think that SDM can do no wrong. I've seen changes recently with some of the online community but the vast majority still think he can do no wrong. Most blame our troubles on the world wide recession. That is the reality. If we started a campaign about all the things SDM has done/ not done, it would alienate far more people than it would attract new members.

But you did start such a 'campaign' in January last year. :whistle:

Did that alienate more people than it did attract members?