how many backed the english during world cup

Guest cptnairac

Guest cptnairac
A Celtic fan I know down here (in England) was pro-English while I was against (just for the football).

However, he does suddenly become anti-English and anti-British during Old Firm games and gets weirdly offended and starts calling Rangers fans bigots when they sing innocuous stuff like GSTQ or Rule Britannia. The Irish anthem and Irish songs however "are different" of course.

Split personality? It's strange as he's normally a very nice, intelligent, reasonable egalitarian but suddenly becomes a biased, illogical, unreasonable man, spouting nonsense rhetoric and then refusing to discuss any rebuttals when it comes to Celtic and Ireland. It's like a switch or some post hypnotic suggestion...

To me, people seem to me to be like that about stuff when they are indoctrinated at a young age. They are instilled with extreme beliefs that become gospel and unquestionable while everything else they learn in life is the result of thought and opinion and so is not set in stone.

So while he lives in England, has a house in England, has an English job, English girlfriend, English friends it's not surprising he wants England to do well. However, click the Glaswegian Catholic switch and he completely changes.

Sad to say but the biggest hypocrisy / split personality is surely on the gers side .

on the saturday gers fans sing gstq rule britania carry union union flag at ibrox

on the wednesday gers fans support scotland shout down gstq dont carry union flag at hampden

plus the tartan army detests the british state and monarchy as an entity hence there total hatred to england ie ABE campagne during the world cup was kept alive by the tartan army and its ilk ,

Sad to say but the biggest hypocrisy / split personality is surely on the gers side .

on the saturday gers fans sing gstq rule britania carry union union flag at ibrox

on the wednesday gers fans support scotland shout down gstq dont carry union flag at hampden

plus the tartan army detests the british state and monarchy as an entity hence there total hatred to england ie ABE campagne during the world cup was kept alive by the tartan army and its ilk ,

Sense clearly isn't a pal of yours. People can be both unionist and patriotic towards Scotland. What the tartan army detests is neither here nor there.

England fans will sing rule britania . no surrender to the i.r.a . carry union flags . sing god save the queen. england players like david beckham visits troops in afghanistan . yet gers fans are totaly ambivilant or hostile to england . really very odd thinking .so maybe all future rfc merchandise should be white and blue only as the red from the st.georges cross connection does not seem to apply with the views of the LOYAL gers fans ?

Plenty bears will support England in sports but plenty will not due to the (mainly fun) rivalry we have with them in that regard.

Not sure that affects our club's Unionism or monarchy support?

Guest Flying Hippo

Feeling like you 'should' support or hate certain teams/nationalities/religions/individuals just because you're a Rangers fan is incredibly annoying

I can think for myself

Feeling like you 'should' support or hate certain teams/nationalities/religions/individuals just because you're a Rangers fan is incredibly annoying

I can think for myself

Absolutely...

But we all do hate the bigot Neil Lennon, don't we cptnairac?

Guest Flying Hippo

The most regular thing i've encountered is people assuming that because i support Rangers, i must follow Chelsea aswell

Hate the rentboys Loyal

;)

Guest warrior1690
The most regular thing i've encountered is people assuming that because i support Rangers, i must follow Chelsea aswell

Hate the rentboys Loyal

;)

same here my friend find it very annoying to be lumped into being thought a chelsea fan.

Very strange comment but I'll answer anyway - Rangers fans tend to be patriotically Scottish and support Scotland but at the same time want a supposedly Scottish team, Celtic to lose and don't "support" any other Scottish team.

You can be Scottish and not support Dundee, Hearts and Aberdeen. You can be British and not support England, NI and Wales.

I don't know of much real hatred towards England in Scotland outside of Celtic fans who glorify in the disgusting killing of their innocent men, women and children. There is a banter though which I see as pretty acceptable and people should be free to want either team to win in any game of football.

I want England to lose at any sport but I live in England; work in England; have an English other half; have English friends, colleagues, acquaintances and neighbours. If I really hate England then I must have a really shit life.

You're obviously a troll and I find your user name very distasteful and inappropriate. If you're a Tim then you're only showing how bitter and twisted you are. If you're not then there certainly seems to be something well wrong with you.

Guest cptnairac
Very strange comment but I'll answer anyway - Rangers fans tend to be patriotically Scottish and support Scotland but at the same time want a supposedly Scottish team, Celtic to lose and don't "support" any other Scottish team.

You can be Scottish and not support Dundee, Hearts and Aberdeen. You can be British and not support England, NI and Wales.

I don't know of much real hatred towards England in Scotland outside of Celtic fans who glorify in the disgusting killing of their innocent men, women and children. There is a banter though which I see as pretty acceptable and people should be free to want either team to win in any game of football.

I want England to lose at any sport but I live in England; work in England; have an English other half; have English friends, colleagues, acquaintances and neighbours. If I really hate England then I must have a really shit life.

You're obviously a troll and I find your user name very distasteful and inappropriate. If you're a Tim then you're only showing how bitter and twisted you are. If you're not then there certainly seems to be something well wrong with you.

The tartan army detests rangers and its support and anything unionist . maybe some home work is due on your part . you only have to go back to the norn iron friendly at hampden last year when the MAJORITY of the scotlands fans drowned out god save the queen ,

the word british and unionist to a scotland fan is an anathima .

with regrads to my username its a tribute to the great ENGLISH S.A.S captain bob nairac . who refused to give any info to the republican cowards who tortured him .

Guest cptnairac
Sense clearly isn't a pal of yours. People can be both unionist and patriotic towards Scotland. What the tartan army detests is neither here nor there.

Hear nor there is a cop out .

how may unionists would you find at a scotland game at hamphden . the default position of the typical tartan army member is a union jack detesting neanderthal who does not recognise the english monarchy " as they call it "

they totaly despise the union flag . the word unionist is a term of abuse to them . they call the union flag the butchers apron . maybe you should go on the scotland fans sites and see how much support the union flag recieves .