ALLY McCOIST last night demanded an end to the Rangers summer sales.

The frustrated assistant boss has urged the club's bankers to stop cutting costs and he insisted: Enough is enough.

Stars Kris Boyd, Kevin Thomson, Nacho Novo, DaMarcus Beasley, Stevie Smith and Danny Wilson have left Ibrox.

So far gaffer Walter Smith has been unable to bring in any replacements.

Club legend McCoist fears other players could be sold.

He said: "If we lost any more it would disappoint me.

"The possibility exists but I would hope that wouldn't be the case. Looking at the squad do I think we've reach the stage where enough's enough? Yes, absolutely.

"Look at the players we've lost - Thommo, Danny, Nacho, Boydy, Stevie, DaMarcus. Have I missed anyone?

"That's a lot of squad players to lose without being replaced.

"You'd have to say it's time to start replacing them now rather than losing any more.

"Do the people behind the scenes at the bank appreciate that? I hope so, I really hope so."

McCoist insists they will NOT just sign players for the sake of it.

He said: "Looking at the lads we've lost, it's safe to say we'd like to get one or two in.

"We will do that, we'll definitely do that.

"There is absolutely no point in just getting bodies to make up the numbers. You've got to get the right bodies.

"If that takes time then so be it but I feel for the fans. They will be sitting asking: 'Where are the new signings?'

"We have to get it right for them."

Coisty hopes kid Wilson doesn't regret turning his back on regular football at Ibrox to join Liverpool.

He added: "If I was Danny my view would have been to get another year's experience at Rangers."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3067255/McCoist-Enough-of-sales.html#ixzz0uYMNLcBt

so much for not having to sell any players. The club have bullshitted the fans in order to sell season books and should be taken to task.

But it's not the first time it's happened is it? There is a post eleswhere about this, they come out with something every year before ST sales and it never happens. I bought my season ticket on that basis and i'm sure others did as well. Why should this year be any different especially with the financial trouble we are in?

Guest Guivarc'h
so much for not having to sell any players. The club have bullshitted the fans in order to sell season books and should be taken to task.

There's a big difference between not having to sell players and not selling players. We didn't have to sell Thomson and Wilson, but once the bids came in it made financial sense to do so.

Edited by Guivarc'h

But it's not the first time it's happened is it? There is a post eleswhere about this, they come out with something every year before ST sales and it never happens. I bought my season ticket on that basis and i'm sure others did as well. Why should this year be any different especially with the financial trouble we are in?

I think it's a difficult one. The day you find being lied to acceptable probably isn't good in any normal avenue; but, as much as I can sympathise with maineflyerian view that happily indulging it only contributes to the sickness and isn't good for the club, I still think your view gets more at what being a fan's all about - I can understand people's anger but, at the end of the day, what are you going to do? We can't afford to buy the club and do things better and so the only choices left within your power is follow your team through good times and bad (we've just won the league for goodness sake!) or don't. No-one likes being treated like a dick - and the club seem to adept at doing that - but when push comes to shove you'll be there every other saturday and'll be able to say your desire to see The Rangers is bigger than any other concern, so on yersel!

Absolutely right, they're a bunch of bastards who couldn't give a flying one for the fans, with Murray guiding the entire affair.

all the fans want is some honesty from the board and our manager. we were led to believe that our financial position had improved albeit everso slighly but it is plain to see that this isnt the case.

Im bewildered to why the media are oblivious to the mixed messages comming from our club, especially our manager. he laeds a very charmed life where they are concerned.

I may be in the minority here, but while I am far from happy about the loss of key players, the lack of new owners, the total mismanagement of the club over the last decade, I can think of nothing that would have made me NOT renew my ST for 2010-11.

And that is part of the problem at the club is that they know that we are loyal supporters of the "club", not whoever is in charge, either as manager or directors or shareholders, but the institution that is our club, and of cour se we will will still be going to the famous stadium long after all those currently in situ there at the moment have all gone.

I know there are bears who are so fed up with things they are considering not renewing, and i havr total respect for them, as that is what we should all have the guts to do to enforce change, but it is just not possible, emotionally, for a lot of others to consider this.

Going to see The Rangers is more than about who wears number 9, or who sits in the Directors box, it is a calling, and together we stand through thick and thin, good times and bad, as our fathers and grandfathers did before us, and our sons and grandsons will do after us.